Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any Recent Travellers UK TO SPAIN?

Any Recent Travellers UK TO SPAIN?

Old Jun 1st 2021, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

ValTay0607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Recent Travellers UK TO SPAIN?

Would be interested to know if anyone travelled to Spain from the UK in the last month and what was the experience with airport authorities both on UK departure and Spain arrival? TIA
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 9:09 am
Just Joined

mazza92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Recent Travellers UK TO SPAIN?

This was on the 22nd before the borders reopened.

UK departure - chaos as the Online Check In not available for everyone on the flight so huge queue at the BA desks. Had to show my marriage certificate to prove I was allowed to travel with my Spanish husband. Then the lady at the desk had some problems getting her computer to accept that he himself was a Spanish citizen! She checked our PCR tests and that we'd filled out out the Health Questionnaire, even though these had already been pre-approved online. The whole faff took 20 minutes and we saw many Spanish people taking as long at the check in desks.

Spanish border control was fine - they just asked if we were married, we said yes and waved us through without verifying our marriage nor our PCR tests nor our questionnaires.