Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any online places to find friends in spain/cds

Any online places to find friends in spain/cds

Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:50 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any online places to find friends in spain/cds

Hi just wondering if anyone knew any places online to try and find some aquaintences for when i goto the costa del sol. either spanish people or english people. Im not too brilliant at just meeting people in real life, so to ge ta foot in the door by knowing someone from the net first might be a good idea. (obviously excersising usual precautions)
Theres quite a lot of uk sites, meetup groups, faceparty, bebo etc but just wondering if anyone had any spanish ones.

Also any advice on how a guy of 25 can move to a new world and somehow make friends?
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:54 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any online places to find friends in spain/cds

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Hi just wondering if anyone knew any places online to try and find some aquaintences for when i goto the costa del sol. either spanish people or english people. Im not too brilliant at just meeting people in real life, so to ge ta foot in the door by knowing someone from the net first might be a good idea. (obviously excersising usual precautions)
Theres quite a lot of uk sites, meetup groups, faceparty, bebo etc but just wondering if anyone had any spanish ones.

Also any advice on how a guy of 25 can move to a new world and somehow make friends?

What's wrong with the British Expats site? Aren´t we good enough for you?

I´m sure someone can point you to something local to the CDS.

Otherwise there is www.meetic.es. It is a date site really, but it´s also good for meeting friends. 99% Spanish.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:57 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

And as for making new friends, get yourself enrolled in a language academy in your area. Preferably one of the academies that do the 20 hours a week classes. You´ll have a ready made group of friends on day one. The majority of the students are in their 20s, although you´ll find all ages there. The academies that do classes for 2 hours a week, 3 hours a week, etc tend to have more oldies in them.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:02 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks keith yes i definately want to do that. Well 20 hours a week to start then id have to cut down once i got a job. How much are these? And can you recommend any around the costa del sol?
Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:27 pm
has got a huge member

Thanks keith yes i definately want to do that. Well 20 hours a week to start then id have to cut down once i got a job. How much are these? And can you recommend any around the costa del sol?
I don´t know the CDS, but you could try doing a google search on "International House". They are a well respected company and have academies all over Spain. Cactus Language is another. Don Quijote another.

Expect to pay about 500 euros a month for 20 hours a week.