Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any news alerts/warnings on the weather?

Any news alerts/warnings on the weather?

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:14 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any news alerts/warnings on the weather?

Reason I am asking is that I got a phone call from my mother (in Greece) wanting to know if we are ok.....saying the news stations are showing storms (she said hurricanes, but she's also over 80 and a bit hard of hearing) for Spain.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:15 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any news alerts/warnings on the weather?

Not in Marbella although we did have high winds and rain day before yesterday.

Been blue sky today and a bit windy, but I think thats mainly the dog.........
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:21 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

We just have a bit of drizzle here in Jalon (and I think most of Costa Blanca North) and some very warm wind from the south (nothing smelly mind you )...but that's about all.....hmmmmmmmmmm
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:24 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Mines from the south as well - he's sat on my feet!

Dont think theres anything forcast but to be honest I gave up on them years ago as they are always wrong!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnM
Reason I am asking is that I got a phone call from my mother (in Greece) wanting to know if we are ok.....saying the news stations are showing storms (she said hurricanes, but she's also over 80 and a bit hard of hearing) for Spain.

The newspapers here in UK, as well as the TV news, reporting on the incident on Wednesday morning in the Costa Brava when a British man and his son were swept into the sea by a freak wave and drowned, have indicated that Spain is suffering from stormy weather ....
Maybe that is what she heard?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:31 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by noelrosie
The newspapers here in UK, as well as the TV news, reporting on the incident on Wednesday morning in the Costa Brava when a British man and his son were swept into the sea by a freak wave and drowned, have indicated that Spain is suffering from stormy weather ....
Maybe that is what she heard?
Yes, perhaps you are right!

I read about that too......what an awful thing to happen
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnM
Yes, perhaps you are right!

I read about that too......what an awful thing to happen
I know ... I believe they were at a beauty spot taking photos when it happened ..... not even swimming unsupervised/against all advice or anything..... would have been a bit like walking past Scallops in Javea up to the headland there for a picture, according to the newsreel I saw! Scary!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:15 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Had some rain here but only a little and it's been warm with no wind at all today. Haven't heard anything about storms
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I know ... I believe they were at a beauty spot taking photos when it happened ..... not even swimming unsupervised/against all advice or anything..... would have been a bit like walking past Scallops in Javea up to the headland there for a picture, according to the newsreel I saw! Scary!
The kids were stood on the rocks at the endge of the sea, dad was taking photos, a freak wave knocked the kids into the sea, dad jumped in, saved one, but the other and the dad drowned. No it wasn't that bad weather, apparently just a freak wave.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The kids were stood on the rocks at the endge of the sea, dad was taking photos, a freak wave knocked the kids into the sea, dad jumped in, saved one, but the other and the dad drowned. No it wasn't that bad weather, apparently just a freak wave.
Still said weather was bad in Spain though .. cos I checked with our managers
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Still said weather was bad in Spain though .. cos I checked with our managers

Which part of Spain - not this part
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:29 pm
MnM

It was in the Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar. The article below says it was during a force seven storm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ndrown122.xml