Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any info on property????

Any info on property????

Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

troides is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any info on property????

What exactly have the last five posts got to do with the point of this thread? How can those silly little phrases help the people who asked the original question?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:53 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by troides
What exactly have the last five posts got to do with the point of this thread? How can those silly little phrases help the people who asked the original question?
then ask a mod to delete them. Life without a little laughter can be very sad.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Your post 34 was really on topic then ? lol, chill out.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:29 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I dont miss sausages, I dont like baked beans, and I live most of the time in Switzerland where the chocolate is better than in the UK. I greatly prefer Spanish food to English and anyone moving to Spain (or anywhere else) is simply going to have to get used to the local diet in order to survive. As for the beach, I dont want it nor do I need it. If you need it then OK, but it generally means living in some expats ghetto, where everyone speaks English or German, drinking cheap booze most of the time, in hideous blocks of flats with traffic roaring past, completely isolated from the local culture.
Yes I realise it is very "trendy" to go fully "native", I myself have lived in inland Andalucia (from the Atlantic side) for a few years in a pueblo blanco that has a lot less Brit influence than Ronda - how trendy am I!

I was pointing out issues that might affect them, obviously they don't affect you as you prefer Spanish food, congratulations, they have children so it might be more of an issue for them. I was not suggesting a 100% Brit diet, merely that many people find they miss certain foodstuffs. It was one small comment amongst the others I was suggesting they examine when deciding where to look.

I've always found the disdain for people wanting something British (like food or television) when living abroad to be quite amusing, Indians or Pakistanis moving to the UK bring their food a culture with them and this is seen as a good thing (I agree), and yet when a Brit wants to have a tiny part of their previous Brit experience follow them to Spain (or wherever) it is looked down upon by cultural snobs.

Interesting to see that there are 1,500 foreigners living (well those that have registered) in Ronda - mostly Brits. Perhaps someone will soon start up a Brits shop
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/insti...tm/sm29084.htm
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:47 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a life :curse:
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Thankyou!!!....they dont!!!......this was actually posted as a serious question as this is taking over my life at the moment!!!! I wake up thinking about it and go to bed thinking about it!!! lol....

It does get rather annoying when people butt in totally off topic!!!.....

not that i want to upset anyone, but i really did post this question for some sensible answers!!.....many thanks to those who have given just that, it is very much appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Thankyou!!!....they dont!!!......this was actually posted as a serious question as this is taking over my life at the moment!!!! I wake up thinking about it and go to bed thinking about it!!! lol....

not that i want to upset anyone, but i really did post this question for some sensible answers!!.....many thanks to those who have given just that, it is very much appreciated.
Sorry about that, threads do sometimes wander off a bit
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:02 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

And how is the thought process going?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Come on would you buy a life for your family over the internet ?

They must at least visit Spain before they make their mind up, the first 7 or 8 posts gave them a very good answer about Spain and they don`t even know which country they want to go when their kids leave school.
They have given no info on when this will be, look at the difference in Spain in even less than a year, who can even foresee what it will be like in another year even.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:30 pm

I think your comments are a little unfair you have had quite a few answers with good advice given the amount of info provided, even serious stuff is gonna go off line a bit. If you are really unhappy about it then pm a mod and ask them to move the offending post into siesta time in the off topic thread.

If this is beginning to over take your life then I really think you should try and step back from it for a while, after all until you have been here and looked around a few times over a period of months if not years there really is no point in getting into such a state where you will make yourself ill.

The worst thing you can do is rush into this because believe me you will live to regreet it, Spain is not the land of milk and honey there are many people living here on the bread line and just as many wishing they had never made the move; but they can't move back to UK because they have been conned out of their life's savings and are now living in illegal homes without electricity.

OK back on track for you.

Last edited by crispy; Feb 20th 2009 at 10:33 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Most people are really just trying to help. Many people on here have many years experience living in Spain, know the different factors involved when making such a big move, buying property, etc. There are those who have made mistakes, those who are doing well over here. If some people are negative it's usually because they have seen a side to Spain many people refuse to believe exists when they are looking to get away from the U.K.: REALITY.

Look at many different areas. Come when the weather is crap (it's been so from October until about four days ago- and it's still chilly at night, and I'm in one of the warmest parts at the moment). That way, you can see what kind of things your kids can do when it's pouring with rain and they can't go to the beach or go for a swim. I guess that's why you are coming to Spain- for your children. You only have to go to one of the many expat (and Spanish) residential areas in any part of the country to see the young ones sprawled out on the floor completely wasted. Sad but true.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by arko
Most people are really just trying to help. Many people on here have many years experience living in Spain, know the different factors involved when making such a big move, buying property, etc. There are those who have made mistakes, those who are doing well over here. If some people are negative it's usually because they have seen a side to Spain many people refuse to believe exists when they are looking to get away from the U.K.: REALITY.

Look at many different areas. Come when the weather is crap (it's been so from October until about four days ago- and it's still chilly at night, and I'm in one of the warmest parts at the moment). That way, you can see what kind of things your kids can do when it's pouring with rain and they can't go to the beach or go for a swim. I guess that's why you are coming to Spain- for your children. You only have to go to one of the many expat (and Spanish) residential areas in any part of the country to see the young ones sprawled out on the floor completely wasted. Sad but true.

As you say sad but oh so very true.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by arko

That is a bit of a sweeping remark about the Spanish kids ?
Not too sure about the wasted scenario, I live within easy distance of Fungi and Torre and the only people I see like that are the UK pinkies that just binge drink and don`t realize the bars are open all day and all night.
Have a trip tp Carvahal beach in the Summer and see how the Spanish sprawl out on the floor.
Attached Thumbnails Any info on property????-cv547_beach_view.jpg   Any info on property????-beach.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:13 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I have a friend who has an apartment to rent near Carvahal beach it may be at little alien to what the Brits are used to but I think the rent is only 40 Drallish crowns a week, Now at that price I must say your Resistance is futile.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I have a friend who has an apartment to rent near Carvahal beach it may be at little alien to what the Brits are used to but I think the rent is only 40 Drallish crowns a week, Now at that price I must say your Resistance is futile.
That`s the guy that does the sand sculptures. ;-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.