Reload this Page >

Any Importers Here - I've a question on Spanish Customs processes

Any Importers Here - I've a question on Spanish Customs processes

Old Apr 29th 2021, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Adam777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Importers Here - I've a question on Spanish Customs processes

Hello All,

Currently I have a machine similar to an ATM machine in customs here in Barcelona. It was shipped air freight from the manufacturer in China to my newly formed Spanish Company (SLU).

The shipper / broker (TNT) has told me that the machine has been scheduled by the Tax Authority for a routine inspection (of the machine and it's paperwork). This is supposedly a routine process and could take, and I quote, 'Hours, Days or Weeks'.

TNT has told me they have no information on when the process will start or end, they cannot give me a status of the process and I am not to contact customs to ask them (they refuse to give me a contact).
The machine has been there three weeks already and I've no idea what is going on.

Has anyone been through this process or similar? Today I am speaking to my lawyer to ask her to contact the Tax Authority and get an update as Im sure as hell not happy with the "Shut up and Wait" attitude of TNT.

FYI the import duties have not been paid. TNT advised it was easiest if I paid cash on delivery and now when I offer to pay (to hopefully speed up this process) they tell me not to do so and to pay Cash on Delivery.
Old Apr 29th 2021, 9:53 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Importers Here - I've a question on Spanish Customs processes

Hola,

Yes it can be a long process; in your case the price should now be known and the tax calculated and passed on. However, there's many slip as they say and it can takes a while to pass the tax amount on. The tax man may not take the price that you paid as correct and may put his own price on what he thinks you should have paid (and therefore change the taxes).

All this was a long time ago and after Brexit may have changed

Davexf
Old Apr 29th 2021, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my lawyer and she said there is nothing that can be done except to wait. I have to admit I am absolutely furious with the lack of communication and details. The Tax Department has the perfect right to do as they wish (within the law) but to expect someone trying to run (or in my case setup) a business to sit around with zero information or deadlines is disgraceful.

I realise my options are shut up and wait but it's a bloody liberty.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:10 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

There are quite a few enquiries about import status you can make on this page, one of them might be what you're looking for:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es...ion/DB01.shtml

You'll need a way of identifying yourself online (e.g. digital certificate, Clave PIN).

TNT probably want you to pay by CoD as it includes administration fee which goes to TNT. Not sure if you can do much about it though.

Last edited by DLC; Apr 30th 2021 at 8:15 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DLC
There are quite a few enquiries about import status you can make on this page, one of them might be what you're looking for:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es...ion/DB01.shtml

You'll need a way of identifying yourself online (e.g. digital certificate, Clave PIN).

TNT probably want you to pay by CoD as it includes administration fee which goes to TNT. Not sure if you can do much about it though.
Many thanks for this. As it happens I have a digital certificate application in process right now that "should" access this system so I am very grateful.

I did apply for a cl@ve and they sent me the information, but of course it doesn't work when I try to register using it and gives me a vague, useless error message.

I don't expert perfection and spent too many years living in Africa and the Caribbean to expect Govt to work efficiently but bloody hell this is another level of bollocks

..... I'll survive and prosper though...after all whats the alternative
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:42 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Also found this:

¿Aduanas ha parado tu paquete? Así puedes importar tu pedido sin tener que pagar de más

This explains how to do the paperwork yourself and avoid Correos or Correos Express (or TNT) doing it for you, saving you the admin fee that you would have to pay if you paid by CoD.

However it's written for private individuals, the steps businesses need to do may be different.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DLC
Also found this:

¿Aduanas ha parado tu paquete? Así puedes importar tu pedido sin tener que pagar de más

This explains how to do the paperwork yourself and avoid Correos or Correos Express (or TNT) doing it for you, saving you the admin fee that you would have to pay if you paid by CoD.

However it's written for private individuals, the steps businesses need to do may be different.
Many thanks, Im very grateful.