Reload this Page >

Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!

Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

hollydolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any help would be appreciated!

Hi everyone.

Im moving to Spain Torrevieja in Feb 09 with my partner and 4yr old daughter.
After reading so many stories of bad unemployment i dont want to be another brit who looks to spain with rose coloured glass`s.
Ive decided to start looking at job prospects (if any) to work poss at the airport or in the tourism trade ie: hotel operations and the like. I was a travel agent a few years ago and have gained a nvq with this. Ive been looking at Murcia or Alicante airport for jobs there but cant see any section with jobs avaliable etc.... I work in a school at the mo as a community assistant but have been told that there are so many expats doing this that it would not be a good area to look at for work.
My partner is painter by trade but as i knew the building trade is dier at the mo i know he will have to look for other work once we are there. I just want one of us to have alittle bit of security. Obviously we are taking savings and im learning spanish also.

If anyone knows of any good sites to look for that type of work or any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Thanks Holly x
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:24 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any help would be appreciated!

Originally Posted by hollydolly
Hi everyone.

Im moving to Spain Torrevieja in Feb 09 with my partner and 4yr old daughter.
After reading so many stories of bad unemployment i dont want to be another brit who looks to spain with rose coloured glass`s.
Ive decided to start looking at job prospects (if any) to work poss at the airport or in the tourism trade ie: hotel operations and the like. I was a travel agent a few years ago and have gained a nvq with this. Ive been looking at Murcia or Alicante airport for jobs there but cant see any section with jobs avaliable etc.... I work in a school at the mo as a community assistant but have been told that there are so many expats doing this that it would not be a good area to look at for work.
My partner is painter by trade but as i knew the building trade is dier at the mo i know he will have to look for other work once we are there. I just want one of us to have alittle bit of security. Obviously we are taking savings and im learning spanish also.

If anyone knows of any good sites to look for that type of work or any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Thanks Holly x
Hi Holly just want to say welcome to BE, I'm not in your area and for my sin I don't have to work so I can't really help to much, whatever savings you have I think you may need to double it as the pickings could be rather lean for a couple of years. You sound as if you have your head screwed on and it makes good sense to start looking now for work you will at least know the market by the time you get here. Good luck to the three of you.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:08 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any help would be appreciated!

alc email address alc.calidad@aena dot es