Reload this Page >

Any Help for Self Employed

Any Help for Self Employed

Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:47 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Help for Self Employed

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi Jontee, the "Ayuda familiar" is indeed help for families who are not entitled to any other financial help, apply for it in the Inem office. You will need to bring your ID/NIE, Libro de Familia (if you have one), tarjeta de residencia, a copy of your Vida Laboral.

Another example, my children go to the same school (age 3 and 5), if I wish to put them both in the comedor, I will have to pay for only one.
They also participate in extra classes after regular school (Inglés, Megataller). Normally theses classs cost € 15,- per class,month,child (€ 60,- total) but after asking in the Secretaria of the school we don´t have to pay for that either. (A calculation has been made based on our income) So there is some help available in various forms. Good luck and hang in there.
Jontee, Any luck with getting help?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

Just to let you know. the so called assistance as posted here by Rachelk http://www.portalautonomos.com/index...idad/?id=38156 has not yet been approved according to my Gestor, and she also says that "and normally before it happens we will have to pay a bigger amount every month on top of the existing figure". Yeah alot of help that is!!!
Thanks anyway folks, but it looks like there is no help.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jontee
Just to let you know. the so called assistance as posted here by Rachelk http://www.portalautonomos.com/index...idad/?id=38156 has not yet been approved according to my Gestor, and she also says that "and normally before it happens we will have to pay a bigger amount every month on top of the existing figure". Yeah alot of help that is!!!
Thanks anyway folks, but it looks like there is no help.
There was no help in the UK either, only for dependants if you was lucky.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
There was no help in the UK either, only for dependants if you was lucky.
Difference being you can pay nil self-employed contributions if your income is sufficiently small. Accepted that would ultimately impact on your potential state pension (but that's precious little anyway these days) but health care & unemployment benefit if it became necessary would both be available, no? Anyway, that's what I did six or so years ago when a fledgling business had nil income initially. All above board.
(eventually crashed & burned falling out of the nest but that's by the by!)
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Difference being you can pay nil self-employed contributions if your income is sufficiently small. Accepted that would ultimately impact on your potential state pension (but that's precious little anyway these days) but health care & unemployment benefit if it became necessary would both be available, no? Anyway, that's what I did six or so years ago when a fledgling business had nil income initially. All above board.
(eventually crashed & burned falling out of the nest but that's by the by!)
But don`t forget you used to pay 8% from your profits extra into the system for the cover you did get and I still ended up short on my pension.
Not sure about being able to get unemployment benefit though ?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:32 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

With that charge each month, how in hell do you start up a small business if you don't have a good wad of cash, enough to carry you through the lean times at the start till you can earn enough to feed/house yourself plus that payment?

We started from nothing in the UK, and had I had to make that sort of payment we would have found it hard, if not impossible to get going.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:44 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
With that charge each month, how in hell do you start up a small business if you don't have a good wad of cash, enough to carry you through the lean times at the start till you can earn enough to feed/house yourself plus that payment?

We started from nothing in the UK, and had I had to make that sort of payment we would have found it hard, if not impossible to get going.
It is difficult, but it can be done. There are a lot of small companies out there.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jontee
Does anyone know if there is any help in the current economic climate for Autonomo workers? I have a small business that is struggling at the moment and I am finding it ever more difficult each month to make my Autonomo payment of €265 monthly. If I do not make this payment I cannot work. Is there any short term relief, or lower payments? Or do I just end up being illegal? Presumably then getting fined.
It is so difficult to know what to do as some months I do not make enough to cover my running expenses, but if I stop paying I cannot work if there is some money to earn. I have rental to pay on my premises and I hold a fair amount of stock too. If I get rid of this then I will have no chance of supporting myself if things improve. Plus, surely things will improve!! It is a lot of money to pay out just for the privilege of being able to try to earn some money.
I`ve paid the SS the same as you for the last 5 years and it sure is a ripoff considering what you get in return,SFA!

Realistically you may need to consider closing down or selling up ,I know this is a hard dedescision after years of building up you bubusiness but if your loosing money you have to pull the plug sometime,better sooner than later.I`ve had to do it twice during my 25 years of being in business.

Good luck anyway.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

I have heard the saying that if you want to make a small fortune in Spain start with a big one!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I`ve paid the SS the same as you for the last 5 years and it sure is a ripoff considering what you get in return,SFA!

Realistically you may need to consider closing down or selling up ,I know this is a hard dedescision after years of building up you bubusiness but if your loosing money you have to pull the plug sometime,better sooner than later.I`ve had to do it twice during my 25 years of being in business.

Good luck anyway.
You get healthcare and a pension off the back of that 250 odd euros a month. Especially since it could cover the healthcare of an entire family.

Doesn't sound bad to me!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:41 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
You get healthcare and a pension off the back of that 250 odd euros a month. Especially since it could cover the healthcare of an entire family.

Doesn't sound bad to me!
The problem is if you come from the UK, it sounds bad.

Other countries like Italy have more or less the same system as Spain, so they have not been "spoiled" by the easiness and cushioning of the UK system.

Living in Spain is a lot more difficult if things are not going too well financially, wherea in the UK, there seems to be a lot more help out there.

I maybe wrong but I think that even the self employed in the UK can claim some sort of top up, if they cannot live on the profits of the business. And of course the SS quota nowhere near as high.

I think it starts at a couple of quid a week.

I know a few folk "pasando putas" right now, if a little help were available (ie a reduction of the SS quota) they might be able to ride the storm, but as there is none in that department, they may have to shut the shop, so to speak........

Very sad-
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Doesn't sound bad to me!
10,00 pounds in the UK,

see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...Tax/DG_4015904

Last edited by Rotor; Feb 3rd 2010 at 9:55 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
The problem is if you come from the UK, it sounds bad.

Other countries like Italy have more or less the same system as Spain, so they have not been "spoiled" by the easiness and cushioning of the UK system.

Living in Spain is a lot more difficult if things are not going too well financially, wherea in the UK, there seems to be a lot more help out there.

I maybe wrong but I think that even the self employed in the UK can claim some sort of top up, if they cannot live on the profits of the business. And of course the SS quota nowhere near as high.

I think it starts at a couple of quid a week.

I know a few folk "pasando putas" right now, if a little help were available (ie a reduction of the SS quota) they might be able to ride the storm, but as there is none in that department, they may have to shut the shop, so to speak........

Very sad-
Yes, nice summary

In a way, it is why family relationships are so strong in Spain because in hard times they have to help each other out financially.

When my OH was little they had two aunties, an uncle and a cousin living with them. So 5 adults and 5 children living in a 120 square meter flat! Within a year or two the relatives had all found jobs and flats of their own.

I think it's nice and better than relying on a faceless state system. However, it means those with families who have very little or no family at all can have a very hard time
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, nice summary

In a way, it is why family relationships are so strong in Spain because in hard times they have to help each other out financially.

When my OH was little they had two aunties, an uncle and a cousin living with them. So 5 adults and 5 children living in a 120 square meter flat! Within a year or two the relatives had all found jobs and flats of their own.

I think it's nice and better than relying on a faceless state system. However, it means those with families who have very little or no family at all can have a very hard time
yes, but that doesn't work for those of us in Spain, whose extended family is in the UK

I'm not saying we should be treated differently - just that it's harder
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:59 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Both the above posts are very true, extended family does play an important part supporting their members.

That is another reason why the British are suffering too, as most a at home in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.