Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any Dutch nationals here?

Any Dutch nationals here?

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Any Dutch nationals here?

The time will soon be here when my wife will need to renew her Dutch passport. I have found the website and it looks like a couple of trips to Madrid will be necessary. I'm wondering if there are any other Dutch nationals on here who have renewed their passports from Spain recently and can answer a practical question or two?
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 7:38 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Dutch nationals here?

My wife is Dutch. She done hers 4 years ago. Yes we went to Madrid.
You can has us here or for more up to date information look at the Dutch expats form.
http://www.spanjeforum.nl/
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Thanks. We renewed it in London last time and they were ultra fussy about the photo. I had taken the printed instructions to our local photographer but the embassy didn't like the background. Fortunately there was a photo shop nearby which had been approved by the embassy and we popped in there and got them done immediately - for 3 times the cost of our local chap! So I am wondering if there is a similar arrangement close to the embassy in Madrid. I'll check on the forum you mention.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 8:18 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

We also took a copy of the photo instructions (which are in Spanish) to photo shop we used to use a lot.
They were very professional. The ensured everything was exactly how it was laid out in the instructions. Measured the size of the head on the photo; the size of the photo; changed the colour of the background. It was a bit of a pain for them, but they took it with good humour.
I think if we can find a small photography shop, in a small Galician village to take the photos, then you should do.
So we did not need to ask about a local photography shop.
Getting into the embassy is a pain, a lot of security. It is located out of the city centre but right next to a metro station. Begin near the top of the tower there are some impressive views.
There was talk of ending the requirement for fingerprints. That obviously has not happened yet.