Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any Brits or English speakers in Cordoba?

Any Brits or English speakers in Cordoba?

Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

luciemills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits or English speakers in Cordoba?

Hi,

I am entering this for my sister who lives in Cordoba, Spain. She hasn't met any Brits and is wondering if there are any in the area or if there are ways to meet people who have also moved to Cordoba.
Please, let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:40 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits or English speakers in Cordoba?

Cordoba province or city?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by luciemills
Hi,

I am entering this for my sister who lives in Cordoba, Spain. She hasn't met any Brits and is wondering if there are any in the area or if there are ways to meet people who have also moved to Cordoba.
Please, let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Hi!

Your sister could try going to the language schools for a start- look for the ones in the Paginas Amarillas with British sounding names. There probably won´t be a huge expat community in Cordoba, I live an hour further north on the AVE and there aren´t many of us `extranjeros´ here at all, but the few who are here are employed with the language schools. They will be pretty established in the community and might be a good way of networking/ gaining contacts. The other thing you could do is see if the Ayuntamiento run free spanish classes for extranjeros, especially if your sister needs to learn the language too. You might meet someone that way!

Good luck
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Oh, forgot to add that you could try Irish bars or Australian pubs as the owners are often native english speakers but this approach takes a bit of ganas to just `plunge on in there.´ I know that there´s definitely an Irish pub in Cordoba as hub´s and I went there for his pint of Guinness but can´t remember exactly where it is now. If I remember I´ll post it up.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a british school in Córdoba (capital) and while most of the students are spanish the teachers are mainly british .