Anti Virus!

Old May 9th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti Simon

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Then I better not mention the Jackie Stewart and Princess Anne rumour
Nah dont believe there is one.... Princess Anne and a horse maybe... Jackie Stewart??? go on...
Old May 9th 2008, 12:33 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Nah dont believe there is one.... Princess Anne and a horse maybe... Jackie Stewart??? go on...
remember a few years ago when harry and wills were small who took them and Diana around the VIP area at the British Grand Prix Jackie Stewart, He is well known in Royal circles and his friendship with Anne has been going on for donkeys I mean you would never in a million years put those two together, But I assure you its true
now with regards the horse the reason there is no evidence in that regard is when Anne was charged with the offence the court hearing the case was on the third floor of the court building, however try as they may the prosecution barristers could not get that horse into the lift to get to the court room to give evidence
Old May 9th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Isn't there an animal cruelty thread somewhere that would be a more suitable place for this?
Old May 15th 2008, 6:05 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anti Virus!

I downloaded Avg last week and ever since when I turn my computer on in the morning a balloon pops up and says my computer is at risk!

Anyone know why this is happening?
Old May 15th 2008, 6:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I downloaded Avg last week and ever since when I turn my computer on in the morning a balloon pops up and says my computer is at risk!

Anyone know why this is happening?
It probably is telling you it needs updating, just open up the program and click update.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
It probably is telling you it needs updating, just open up the program and click update.
But I only installed it last week and it does a scan every morning at 11am. Its not Avg that is telling me my computer is at risk it is that little red shield with a white cross in it at the bottom right hand corner.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

But I only installed it last week and it does a scan every morning at 11am. Its not Avg that is telling me my computer is at risk it is that little red shield with a white cross in it at the bottom right hand corner.
It might be windows firewall shut off.
Go to start, security center, make sure firewall is on.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
It might be windows firewall shut off.
Go to start, security center, make sure firewall is on.
I think I have done it...........do I have to tick the box with the green shield?
Old May 15th 2008, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Sorry missed out control panel.
Attached Thumbnails Anti Virus!-avgpic.jpg  
Old May 15th 2008, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Sorry missed out control panel.
Yep that was the problem, I sorted it now. Could that have caused any problems to my computer?
Old May 15th 2008, 6:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I think I have done it...........do I have to tick the box with the green shield?
Yep.
Attached Thumbnails Anti Virus!-avg2.jpg  
Old May 15th 2008, 6:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yes you always need a firewall on, to stop any nasties trying to get in.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes you always need a firewall on, to stop any nasties trying to get in.
OMG......so what could have got in, its been like this for about a week or so now?
Old May 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

OMG......so what could have got in, its been like this for about a week or so now?
Hmmm, interesting, of course I get none of this, but interesting.............
Old May 15th 2008, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hmmm, interesting, of course I get none of this, but interesting.............
What are you implying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.