Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another S1 healthcare forms question!

Another S1 healthcare forms question!

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another S1 healthcare forms question!

Hi,

I have been covered for healthcare, and was issued with a SIP card, being a dependent on my wife's S1 forms for the last two years. I have now reached retirement age and the UK overseas healthcare team automatically sent me my own S1 forms.

My question is : Do I have to re register for healthcare again using my own S1 or will I still be covered in future with my existing SIP card?

I assume that once you are in the system and have a healthcare number that's it for ever. I've asked the UK overseas healthcare team and they don't seem to know, all they could say was to present the forms to INSS and see what they say
To do that I would need to employ yet another translator.

Steve
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:10 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another S1 healthcare forms question!

I am in the same position as you, but I decided not to do anything at the moment. It's 8 years now and I haven't been struck off. My view is that if you submit a new S1 it is just as likely to screw up the system

If I outlive my wife, I will worry about it then - I don't think the S1 has an expiry date.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fred , that's good enough for me

Steve
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

When Graham became a pensioner and was no longer my dependant we automatically went through the INSS system again and did not think about the fact that we need not have bothered. It was straightforward, new number (I think), new card and new name initially because they put his surname and Christian name the opposite way around!!!

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's the new number and name that worries me. They could lose all your records in the process. I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to do a clean transfer!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did it, worked perfectly.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 7:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's the new number and name that worries me. They could lose all your records in the process. I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to do a clean transfer!
His real Christian name is more like a surname so the mistake was totally understandable. We did not even notice until the nurses and doctors were all calling him by his surname and normally used peoples Christian names so I looked at the paperwork and then his SIP card so got it changed.

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I did it, worked perfectly.
Did your number change? I cannot remember whether GrahamĀ“s did or not.

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe it did, the change to the card was bottom right where now it says FARM-P it used to be something else, but these are the thoughts of a fading mind !
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same and had it changed. It is straight forward and the health records are just being adjusted to the new number and status. No problems but safer when you have to be admitted to hospital they will check and that is where the trouble starts if you are OAP and do not have a registration in your own right. So really it is a must.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
I did the same and had it changed. It is straight forward and the health records are just being adjusted to the new number and status. No problems but safer when you have to be admitted to hospital they will check and that is where the trouble starts if you are OAP and do not have a registration in your own right. So really it is a must.
That is very true. Just after GrahamĀ“s first operation the surgeon had a gentle conversation with us about our ages, how long we had lived in Spain and what surprised us was the fact that he asked were we were born and he wrote this down. I realised at the time that he was checking up on our status but had forgotten it until I read your post.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
"A registration in your own right"

Being a dependant on my OH's forms felt ok up to now but becoming a new OAP and with article 50 looming with all the uncertainty of healthcare etc maybe it will be better to have it all in my own name.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by tebo53
"A registration in your own right"

Being a dependant on my OH's forms felt ok up to now but becoming a new OAP and with article 50 looming with all the uncertainty of healthcare etc maybe it will be better to have it all in my own name.
I think that it would be a good idea to have "clear" rights. When I first started to read this thread I was wondering why on earth we had bothered with the hassle when he was already down as my dependant. However, since the memories have kicked in I think that we did the right thing. Nowadays with all of the insecurity around what might change it would probably be best to have everything in place in the correct manner.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:40 pm

Also Steve, you mentioned using a translator which is something that we never did at INSS, none of them spoke English and our Spanish was pathetic but we got by with it. Being the second time around all you would need to do is have ALL (which means kitchen sink job) the paperwork showing who you are, how you are already registered and the new S1 to prove your new entitlement. With all of this you can just tell them that it is a change of status and they will sort out their relevant piece of paper for you and then it will go to their main office in order to produce the new SIP card.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Rosemary and everybody else for the valued comments. I think the most secure way, especially with Brexit in mind, is to get everything done in my own name etc. If I get there and nothing is required to be done then at least it will be a valid point for any future enquiries.

I will update this thread in the near future.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.