Reload this Page >

annual minimum income to live in spain

annual minimum income to live in spain

Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:34 pm
Tel
Just Joined

Tel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question annual minimum income to live in spain

we are planning to buy a property to first of all let out and enjoy for holidays and on reaching pensionable age retire to spain but i have recently read on spainexpat.com that in addition to your pension you have to provide proof of an annual income of $10000,can anyone advise me if this is correct?surely if we own our home and have a uk goverment pension that is enough?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:54 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: annual minimum income to live in spain

I think you're reading very out of date info or info relating to non EU citizens (the sum you quote is in dollars). You are UK citizens?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tel
we are planning to buy a property to first of all let out and enjoy for holidays and on reaching pensionable age retire to spain but i have recently read on spainexpat.com that in addition to your pension you have to provide proof of an annual income of $10000,can anyone advise me if this is correct?surely if we own our home and have a uk goverment pension that is enough?
Certainly not for a UK citizen, but you will have to supply some proof of income if you want to take out a mortgage, but that's the only case.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:14 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

you can live here for free if don't mind sleeping on the street
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:27 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

You would need 20k euro per year to live minimum per person.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Is this gross or net. Including or excluding rent/mortgage?
Just asking because I thought the average annual salary for Spain was in the region of 13000 euros so wondering how they all survive out there!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:33 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Is this gross or net. Including or excluding rent/mortgage?
Just asking because I thought the average annual salary for Spain was in the region of 13000 euros so wondering how they all survive out there!
Well for me its around 20k this includes buying clothes and other sorts of stuff you need, if you spend well you could survive on 16k Then again I am including cost of rent
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:42 pm
Tel
Just Joined

Tel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
I think you're reading very out of date info or info relating to non EU citizens (the sum you quote is in dollars). You are UK citizens?
yes we are uk citizens and i used dollers as the example that was written on the website.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Two of us around 14 to 15,000 euros inc rent, elec, gas, water, food.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ..... 20k euros a year each???????

I think you will find the general agreement is that a retired couple can live quite comfortably over here without a mortgage for around 12000 euros a year.
I know since we moved here we have been averaging 1000 euros a month. We go out to eat, drink etc etc. If I budgeted 20k each we'd be living like millionaires
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow ..... 20k euros a year each???????

I think you will find the general agreement is that a retired couple can live quite comfortably over here without a mortgage for around 12000 euros a year.
I know since we moved here we have been averaging 1000 euros a month. We go out to eat, drink etc etc. If I budgeted 20k each we'd be living like millionaires
you could always spend the difference on some seeds.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
you could always spend the difference on some seeds.
It must be the HEAVY usage that causes the expensive life style.

Rosemary
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Well for me its around 20k this includes buying clothes and other sorts of stuff you need, if you spend well you could survive on 16k Then again I am including cost of rent
well we are under that for TWO of us INCLUDING mortgage.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:38 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

2 people 40k 3 people 60k

Rubbish ... Unless you rent a penthouse suite and have a rented Merc and a cabin cruiser..

i calculated about 10k - 15k if you had rents this was based on reading around the site ..
trust jdr and Mitzy they sound right to me
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:11 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We live mainly on my husband's Teachers Pension of around £7.5k (10.5k euros) p.a for the two of us. We pay no rent or mortgage.

Some large expenses have to come from savings, but other than that we can live on his pension.

We have one car and no expensive TV or Broadband.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.