Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Annual Car Tax Renewal

Annual Car Tax Renewal

Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

bluewater1150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Annual Car Tax Renewal

I bought a new Spanish car in August 2006, I paid 20.25 Euro and received a "Impuesto Sobre" form from the dealer. When is this renewable? Is it like the UK where a reminder is sent out - the form has my name and address on it. Or do I have to take it to the authorities - if so whom? The form has "modelo 048 Euro" at the top RHS, I assume I only paid from August to the end of the year i.e. 20.25 for 5 months.
Thanks again
Bluewater
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:18 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annual Car Tax Renewal

Originally Posted by bluewater1150
I bought a new Spanish car in August 2006, I paid 20.25 Euro and received a "Impuesto Sobre" form from the dealer. When is this renewable? Is it like the UK where a reminder is sent out - the form has my name and address on it. Or do I have to take it to the authorities - if so whom? The form has "modelo 048 Euro" at the top RHS, I assume I only paid from August to the end of the year i.e. 20.25 for 5 months.
Thanks again
Bluewater
I pay 61 euros a year, so I think yes you have only paid until the end of the year.

You should get a "reminder" sent to your address. Alternatively you can go to your local tax offices. The name varies according to where you are - my office is called Jereyssa. There you can set up a yearly direct debit so you never get caught out late paying. (They fine you if you are late.)
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I pay 61 euros a year, so I think yes you have only paid until the end of the year.

You should get a "reminder" sent to your address. Alternatively you can go to your local tax offices. The name varies according to where you are - my office is called Jereyssa. There you can set up a yearly direct debit so you never get caught out late paying. (They fine you if you are late.)
Yes I just bought a car and my Spanish neighbour said that I would get a reminder when it was due to expire.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes I just bought a car and my Spanish neighbour said that I would get a reminder when it was due to expire.
I believe car taxes run from April to April here in Spain, so next years will be due round then.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Car tax can be renewed at your local town hall any time in April/May but the latest we could do ours was 22nd May otherwise you incurr penalties.
Knowing the Spanish system I wouldn't rely on a reminder, I certainly didn't receive any for either of my 3 vehicles.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The period for payment varies from municipality to municipality. It's best to put it on direct debit along with your IBI and basura.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Ours runs July to July but we have until September to pay, as Beachcomber said use a direct debit, that is what we do.
Our Discovery was 121 euro's this year and I do know it changes from municipality to municipality.

pwwm
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

bluewater1150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I am in Asturias and the year seems to run April/May for renewals.

Feliz Navidad to you all.

Bluewater