Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Animal welfare in Spain

Animal welfare in Spain

Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal welfare in Spain

OK people, what am I doing wrong!? (You have to bear in mind that OH usually has to guide me through anything to do with pictures on the PC!)

I followed your guidance, Lionda.
I got as far as clicking "upload" on 3 different photos, and than everything seemed to disappear!

The "reply" window was empty. Were the photos supposed to appear in there??
I hope I've resized them enough??

HELP!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
OK people, what am I doing wrong!? (You have to bear in mind that OH usually has to guide me through anything to do with pictures on the PC!)

I followed your guidance, Lionda.
I got as far as clicking "upload" on 3 different photos, and than everything seemed to disappear!

The "reply" window was empty. Were the photos supposed to appear in there??
I hope I've resized them enough??

HELP!
Go to new reply, type in your text.
Click on the paperclip,
click on choose, find your pic or pics, then click upload, they will resize themselves.
Let them upload and they will dissappear from the choose box, close that window, then click submit reply.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help jdr - let's hope this works!

Pictures are of the puppy and my GSD
Attached Thumbnails Animal welfare in Spain-walk-sunshine-14.2.07-019.jpg   Animal welfare in Spain-walk-sunshine-14.2.07-020.jpg   Animal welfare in Spain-walk-sunshine-14.2.07-027.jpg  
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh wow! That's brilliant - it worked!

Thanks so much jdr (and Lionda for prompting me to get on with it!)

Isn't she a beautiful pup?
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You could also click on the paperclip on the top row.
Thanks jdr - I didn't think of that (hadn't actually noticed the paperclip )
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow! That's brilliant - it worked!

Thanks so much jdr (and Lionda for prompting me to get on with it!)

Isn't she a beautiful pup?
Glad you managed to do it I wasn't sure myself how to add a picture until I read your posting so experimented by uploading a pic of myself - then deleted it because I didn't like the pic

She certainly is a beautiful puppy, so glad she no longer has a tight collar and a stick tied to her, what a terrible thing to do She obviously loves you
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah well Lionda, you're far braver than I! Usually when I experiment with something on the PC, I mess it all up!

I have to admit it took me a while to find the paper clip that jdr was talking about (not known for my observation skills!)

It's actually really easy once you know how, isn't it!? Great that you don't have to mess around resizing them, too.

The pup is absolutely gorgeous. She's so sweet natured and just wants all the fuss she can get.
I'd LOVE to take her home, but I'm having to make do with visits to her field - and teaching her bad habits, like how to escape!!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey Lionda,

Any news on your property situation yet??
It sounds like you've had a very rough time, and have been on a real emotional rollercoaster

I really feel for you, because I know what it's like just waiting for our elusive architect - and we're actually here.
For you to be in England and trying to deal with all this hassle must be doing your head in!
I do hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you, and that you're nearing a decision about what is the best thing to do.
Suerte!
Sam.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:25 am
Popping in for a chat

Hey Lionda,

Any news on your property situation yet??
It sounds like you've had a very rough time, and have been on a real emotional rollercoaster

I really feel for you, because I know what it's like just waiting for our elusive architect - and we're actually here.
For you to be in England and trying to deal with all this hassle must be doing your head in!
I do hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you, and that you're nearing a decision about what is the best thing to do.
Suerte!
Sam.
Hi Sam

No more news Some days I feel like just forgetting the whole thing and staying in England. It's almost as though we aren't meant to go, but we have put a large deposit on the property so we just have to hang on in there! Thanks for asking
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

For those in chiclana. There have been 20 dogs rescued from a house in Camino del Boyal in Pago del Humo. Apparently the owner has deserted the property and the dogs. Previously he left five to die there. They have been taken to the Refuge.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:26 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, thought you might like to know that she’s looking much more comfortable now.
She’s absolute gorgeous and has such a sweet nature.
If I can ever work out how to add a photo on here, I’ll do it (not terribly technically minded, and OH is away at the moment!)

All the best, Sam.
Hiya Sam,

That's just great and the pictures are fantastic. She looks really healthy and happy I'm sure your previous conversations with her 'owner' have paid off.