Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:37 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Originally Posted by HBG
Now that the discussion has changed from ghosts to poofs, I'm as intriguied as ever. I've got nothing against poofs and I'm only using the silly word to prove a point.

What's wrong with having a poof PM? The way things are going, we mighr be better off with one.
Wasn't Heath a poof?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Lawrence.Brown will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by whitelinen
13 years under a labour government, what do you expect?
I expected that several Tories would be forced to come out of the closet!

hehe

(I have nothing bad to say about anyone being gay, however you must question integrity when these things come out.)
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimenato
Wasn't Heath a poof?
Not according to a lady I once spoke to...
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Who named this thread???
Angels and Crystals have nada on friggin migraine Auras....Not same same!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least Hague has done Labour a good turn by taking the limelight away from their own little Soap Opera, as described by one of their own leadership contenders.
We have two brothers pretending to be best of friends, yet very obviously hating each others guts.
One hoping to continue the devastation where Brown left off, and having, wait for it, Mandleson as his main backer.
May the good Lord preserve us!
The other has none other than Kinnock behind him, Oh in addition to the Unions,who have decided that they want to run the country again and drive it to bankruptcy, even quicker than Brown, if thats possible.
So this petty family squabble has now opened the door for the somewhat inadequate but very appropriately named Balls to join the Pantomine and jump in and add even more to the chaos and confusion.
Looking forward with great anticipation to the next hilarious episode.

Meantime the entertainment continues elsewhere, with the publication of Blairs new book and the reopening of his vendetta and humiliation of the sad, pathetic Brown.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:29 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

If dowsing were real, then it could be demonstrated. If it can be demonstrated, then someone could get very rich via Ranji. Methinks it does not compute.

However, here's an interesting question. Do such people perform better when surrounded by believers than non believers.

As for the gay gordons. It ain't their taste in sexual partners that matters, it's when they play the homophobic card in politics, and the tory party has been guilty of that.

Finally, poor old Gordon.

There's Blair who lied to us all, lied to Parliament and got away with it scott free. God help the rest of us if we try that.

Under Brown we slid into the sh*t, but the root cause was surely the ninja mortages handed out like sweeties by the US financial systems. Brown should have acted to tighten restrictions on the banks, and failed to do so because the money was still rolling in.

However, your starter for ten points. Who was it that started the rot, and deregulated the banks?

I think you will find that was the Tories.

Now, let's imagine that the parties were reversed, and it had been the Tories in last and not Labour. Do you think they would have deregulated more or less?

Here's a clue, deregulation makes lots of money for typical tory supporters, and if it all go wrong it will be the little people at the bottom that are crushed.

If you are riding high on the hog, and are able to have zero empathy for those at the bottom, then the tories are the ones to vote for, and screw the proles.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:30 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Who named this thread???
Angels and Crystals have nada on friggin migraine Auras....Not same same!
Talking psychic auras. Ranji debunked them in a flash.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil

However, here's an interesting question. Do such people perform better when surrounded by believers than non believers.
Most people when paying others do do something dont watch over them on account of having better things to do. In my own case (2 projects when a dowser was engaged) none of my family were there either. In both cases water was found and in one case enough to create a one acre lake.

In both cases we had researched possible evidence of water on old maps, deeds etc and none was found.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:33 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Most people when paying others do do something dont watch over them on account of having better things to do. In my own case (2 projects when a dowser was engaged) none of my family were there either. In both cases water was found and in one case enough to create a one acre lake.

In both cases we had researched possible evidence of water on old maps, deeds etc and none was found.
So as you didn't watch them you can't say what method they actually used? I would be interested to know how the water eventually came to the surface, boreholes maybe?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:06 am
bil
Banned

So as you didn't watch them you can't say what method they actually used? I would be interested to know how the water eventually came to the surface, boreholes maybe?
If people take the trouble to read that page reference you posted, they would read the process that causes the wires to flex in your hand. It's an automatic response of the body to certain stimuli.

I see to remember that there was a very old 'Tomorrow's World' where they talked about this. I think the idea went like this. There is a nerve nexus in the back where the nerves to the arm join to the spinal cord. The theory was that the dowser's body reacts to a 'shadow' in some variety of electromagnetic radiation caused by a body of water. the nerves twitch and the arms move ever so slightly.

That wouldn't be anything psychic, and could be verified.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:36 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

What about hypnotism? There have been many recorded examples of it working in even the most controlled conditions. I stopped smoking once because a clever man with a swinging watch told me too.

Mind games are dangerous; I have personal knowledge of a vulnerable young woman being 'put under' to remember an event in her past life, She did remember, but the memories have haunted her ever since.

All our intelligence services employ dubious methods in their quest for information, and we went to war because of a High School student's essay on the internet, used by Blair to mesmerise our entire parliament. I can only think that the TV cameras in the House focused on some hypnotic act such as my swinging watch to stop me smoking. (I started again when the spell wore off).
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Although not there myself, someone who was said the dowser used both metal rods and twigs walking up and down leaving markers and eventually telling the JCB bloke where to excavate. For the lake they dug down about 30 or 40 feet for the other one only a big duck pond (eventually only) 50ft in dia they excavated down approx 12 or 15 ft. Neither was on the same property not even the same country.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:28 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
What about hypnotism? There have been many recorded examples of it working in even the most controlled conditions. I stopped smoking once because a clever man with a swinging watch told me too.

Mind games are dangerous; I have personal knowledge of a vulnerable young woman being 'put under' to remember an event in her past life, She did remember, but the memories have haunted her ever since.

All our intelligence services employ dubious methods in their quest for information, and we went to war because of a High School student's essay on the internet, used by Blair to mesmerise our entire parliament. I can only think that the TV cameras in the House focused on some hypnotic act such as my swinging watch to stop me smoking. (I started again when the spell wore off).

Don't get me started on the pile of garbage that is 'Recovered Memory' where 'evidence' of previous forgotten abuse is dredged up by a hypnotist.

I watched a prog on this, and the hypnotist asked this woman how she had slept the previous night. She responded that she had slept well, and had not woken at all. The hypno put her under and told her that the previous night she had been woken not once, but twice, each time by what she thought was a gunshot, but each time when she got out of bed to look, she realised it had been a car backfiring.

He then woke her and asked her how she had slept the previous night. She repeated the Hypno's script verbatim, and refused to believe it was an 'implant' even when he showed her the film of all she had said and done there.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

When I was an apprentice I saw a TV show about dowsing.
I went to work the next day and a lot of people were talking about it, being an engineering shop someone made some rods up and several people tried to tell which one of three mats had a coin hidden under it, I scored 10 out of 10!
Am I psychic? I don't know, probably not, but I did not cheat and I definately reacted to something.
I haven't tried it since but maybe I will have a go at finding my own water when we move.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm
FreeThinker

Although not there myself, someone who was said the dowser used both metal rods and twigs walking up and down leaving markers and eventually telling the JCB bloke where to excavate. For the lake they dug down about 30 or 40 feet for the other one only a big duck pond (eventually only) 50ft in dia they excavated down approx 12 or 15 ft. Neither was on the same property not even the same country.
OK whitelinen - it is next to impossible to speculate validly about these things after the event. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the JCB had dug 50 feet, or 50 yards or even 1/2 mile away. If it had found water would that have necessarily have debunked the dowser? The point is that to find out what is going on you have to devise a test protocol, agreed by all and stick to it - no special pleading, no change of mind. I wish I had seen the Dawkins programme - presumably the dowser(s) being tested had agreed to the test before hand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.