Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Andalucia, estate agents recommendation please?

Andalucia, estate agents recommendation please?

Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

MoreSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andalucia, estate agents recommendation please?

Hi All,

I have tried searching the forums for an answer but I lost patience after the 4th page of random results!

Can anyone please recommend reliable and trusted estate agents for Andalucia?

We want to rent something long term.

Every agency we have tried so far has been lacking in something.

Also, could somebody please explain the process involved with the agency fee & contract, we were asked to pay an upfront agency fee, but with no contract in place, which i found strange, so I backed out.

The plan is to rent for 6 months while looking for a property to purchase.

Many thanks in advance!
M.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andalucia, estate agents recommendation please?

Originally Posted by MoreSun
Hi All,

I have tried searching the forums for an answer but I lost patience after the 4th page of random results!

Can anyone please recommend reliable and trusted estate agents for Andalucia?

We want to rent something long term.

Every agency we have tried so far has been lacking in something.

Also, could somebody please explain the process involved with the agency fee & contract, we were asked to pay an upfront agency fee, but with no contract in place, which i found strange, so I backed out.

The plan is to rent for 6 months while looking for a property to purchase.

Many thanks in advance!
M.
Andalucia is quite a large area, any particular spot you wish to drop anchor ?
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response.

Anywhere inland with in driving distance to Malaga/Alicante Airport.
We are looking for a Villa/Country house with land.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

OK No probs!!
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Caz, I have replied to your PM
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
OK No probs!!
Thanks Caz, I have replied to your PM
Advertising by pm is against the rules too.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Bit of a crazy rule?

I thought this forum was meant to help people...
Its not spam is it.

I am almost desperate to find a rental or reliable agents,
All Caz did was offer her own.

I hope someone here CAN help me please...
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a crazy rule?

I thought this forum was meant to help people...
Its not spam is it.

I am almost desperate to find a rental or reliable agents,
All Caz did was offer her own.

I hope someone here CAN help me please...
There are 10,000s of properties on the big wide interweb, many of them through agents. Try using google or if you know some Spanish, google.es
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Alicante and Málaga, Alicante is not Andalucia anyway, but need to be tad more specific,lol. we are for instance 2 hours to Málaga but 4 to Alicante.huge difference´. Do think you need to decide an area
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Rainbows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwwm
Alicante and Málaga, Alicante is not Andalucia anyway, but need to be tad more specific,lol. we are for instance 2 hours to Málaga but 4 to Alicante.huge difference´. Do think you need to decide an area
Hi. I am new to the forum and dont want to break any rules, but I would like to reply to MoreSun regarding our own personel Villa that could be perfect for him. Is this allowed.
I have been visiting the site for quite a while and have already learned some valuable info.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainbows
Hi. I am new to the forum and dont want to break any rules, but I would like to reply to MoreSun regarding our own personel Villa that could be perfect for him. Is this allowed.
I have been visiting the site for quite a while and have already learned some valuable info.
not really

you can advertise in the classifieds section though
Old Oct 14th 2011, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
There are 10,000s of properties on the big wide interweb, many of them through agents. Try using google or if you know some Spanish, google.es
Yes I have been in contact with 4 agents!
google and Kyero for 2 months now! I am 31 not 65.

I said Alicante airport or Malaga airport, driving distance, but in Andalucia.
Not to inland either.
I dont have to commit to any area, I have enough budget and its cash.

I only asked for agent recommendations, instead I get a bunch of useless negative feedback.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Not to inland either.

I only asked for agent recommendations, instead I get a bunch of useless negative feedback.
To be fair I couldn't see much in what's been posted that's negative. Not specifically helpful, true, but not negative. I suspect there's quite a lot of (healthy) scepticism about agents so your replies haven't been what you're looking for. And if a rule exists, well we have to live with it or query it with the administrators....
Lots of us have been here for years and lots of us have been googling agents (out of idle or actual interest) for years and I can assure you there are many sites - you may have encountered them - where properties are either lingering long after sold, or not reduced in price, or on multiple sites so you don't know who to approach/even if they talk to each other.
You might reasonably say well that's why you're looking for a recommendation of a reliable agent. Maybe the fact you haven't had any precise replies tells the story?
Let's hope that saying this prompts someone who HAS a good tale to tell of agents in the area you're targetting to come forward!

(people's view of what's 'driveable' distance to an airport varies, by the way)
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
To be fair I couldn't see much in what's been posted that's negative. Not specifically helpful, true, but not negative. I suspect there's quite a lot of (healthy) scepticism about agents so your replies haven't been what you're looking for. And if a rule exists, well we have to live with it or query it with the administrators....
Lots of us have been here for years and lots of us have been googling agents (out of idle or actual interest) for years and I can assure you there are many sites - you may have encountered them - where properties are either lingering long after sold, or not reduced in price, or on multiple sites so you don't know who to approach/even if they talk to each other.
You might reasonably say well that's why you're looking for a recommendation of a reliable agent. Maybe the fact you haven't had any precise replies tells the story?
Let's hope that saying this prompts someone who HAS a good tale to tell of agents in the area you're targetting to come forward!

(people's view of what's 'driveable' distance to an airport varies, by the way)
well, if the OP was looking for a good, reliable agent in my area I could recommend..........................

none
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Not to inland either.

Its over 200km to Andalucia from Alicante airport

I've delt with some agents, but cant recommend any. The area you are looking at is huge! Thats the problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.