Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Amendments to a Spanish Escritura

Amendments to a Spanish Escritura

Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Vee87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amendments to a Spanish Escritura

We have been advised that the property price on our escritura may be incorrect to enable avoidance of tax by the seller and, if that is the case, that it may have to be re-issued. However, we have since heard that once the escritura has been signed by all parties in the presence of the notario then no changes can be made and the price as shown is the price paid. Has anyone had a similar experience? We are looking for the legislation on this but have been unable to find anything. Can anyone help please?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amendments to a Spanish Escritura

It doesn't matter what price you put on the escritura, if Hacienda think that it should be higher they will charge you the tax on the difference.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Stillwater will become famous soon enough

My lawyer advised me to photograph the (many) deficiencies of the house I bought, just in case Hacienda thinks the official transaction price was made lower in order to evade taxes.

I don't know the law, but I guess that "what Hacienda thinks" is not enough and will not hold in court. After all: one is innocent unless proven (or likely) guilty.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:13 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stillwater
After all: one is innocent unless proven (or likely) guilty.
Not necessarily, particularly in cases like this - it is often up to you to prove that they are wrong.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Not necessarily, particularly in cases like this - it is often up to you to prove that they are wrong.
Is that actually, written down, the case in Spanish law? Crikey.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Is that actually, written down, the case in Spanish law? Crikey.
When we bought our house and at the notary's office signing the value of the house was shown as 6000 Euro less the notary got the solicitor to explain that this was the house value for tax purposes. I presumed that would be the value less the costs the seller had to pay i.e. estate agent fees? I also assume when they refer to tax they are talking about inheritance/CG should it be sold as None Residents tax is based on IBI valor catastoral?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

AndL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hacienda have a few years (not sure of the exact figure) to decide if you are puilling a fast one. Only ever heard of one person caught...... Any changes to your excriture can usually be made quite simply at the notary for a nominal fee. Whene I tried to mortgage my house to buy another one, I discovered that only 1 floor had been registered. Cost architect fees for a report and about €40 and 2 hours in the notary!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndL
Hacienda have a few years (not sure of the exact figure) to decide if you are puilling a fast one. Only ever heard of one person caught...... Any changes to your excriture can usually be made quite simply at the notary for a nominal fee. Whene I tried to mortgage my house to buy another one, I discovered that only 1 floor had been registered. Cost architect fees for a report and about €40 and 2 hours in the notary!
They caught me for just over 2000 euros about a week before the time limit ran out.My abogado told me fighting it is ok as long as your aware they check your Spanish and UK bank accounts for cash withdrawals for a month before and after the date you sign
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 2:59 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stillwater
My lawyer advised me to photograph the (many) deficiencies of the house I bought, just in case Hacienda thinks the official transaction price was made lower in order to evade taxes.

I don't know the law, but I guess that "what Hacienda thinks" is not enough and will not hold in court. After all: one is innocent unless proven (or likely) guilty.
Not in Spain. You frequently are assumed to be guilty and 'punished' accordingly.