Reload this Page >

amena / orange payg mobile topup

amena / orange payg mobile topup

Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

martyf1 will become famous soon enoughmartyf1 will become famous soon enough
Default amena / orange payg mobile topup

Hi

I have an amena mobile pay as you go that i give to visitors to use, but I have not had to top it up recently - used around 4 months ago - I tried to logon to orange to top it up but it did not recognise the number - anyone else have this problem ?

cheers
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: amena / orange payg mobile topup

Originally Posted by martyf1
Hi

I have an amena mobile pay as you go that i give to visitors to use, but I have not had to top it up recently - used around 4 months ago - I tried to logon to orange to top it up but it did not recognise the number - anyone else have this problem ?

cheers
If it hasn't a valid registration, ie an NIE or passport number used when it was bought, then it is just possible that it has been disconnected as per EU rules
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:33 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi

cheers

Hi Marty I have just tried mine, I haven't used it for about 5 months and the same thing, will let me put my pin in then it dies.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Surely if you dont top up over here in a certain period your phone gets cut off. We have to top up our Movistar payg phone every 6 months, as we do with a vodaphone phone. We lost one sim when we first came here because we didnt do it, and they just cancelled the sim .... we had to get another
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Surely if you dont top up over here in a certain period your phone gets cut off. We have to top up our Movistar payg phone every 6 months, as we do with a vodaphone phone. We lost one sim when we first came here because we didnt do it, and they just cancelled the sim .... we had to get another
I think that's probably what's happened - the same thing has happened to us
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The credit only lasts for a certain time, they send you a text to tell you, if you put more credit on then it stays valid.
Take it in a shop, they may be able to sort it for you, our daughters (Movistar) was off line for a while but they sorted it out with a payment at the shop.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:26 am
Just Joined

martyf1 will become famous soon enoughmartyf1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks all - that is probably the issue - not being used enough / no credit - i will take it into the local mobile phone shop and see what they can do.

thanks again
marty
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - that is probably the issue - not being used enough / no credit - i will take it into the local mobile phone shop and see what they can do.

thanks again
marty
Unortunately they will sell you a new PAYG contract. We had credit on our old SIM when they cancelled it, but they didn't refund. they must make a fair amount of money out of this!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:15 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

vodaphone phone free text and calls on top up if you top up by 20 euro ever month , coming soon april
only two spanish phones

movistar watch out jurdy , want it to uk phones aswell with text , call you cgr
r we move