British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Amazon delivery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/amazon-delivery-926221/)

KateG17 Jul 4th 2019 6:33 pm

Amazon delivery

Does anyone know if I add my costa esuri address to my amazon account do they deliver there?

Is there much postage charge?

just thinking for kiddie items or possible bigger items

Thanks

Rosemary Jul 4th 2019 10:46 pm

Re: Amazon delivery

You can add a Spanish address to your existing account. You can buy from Amazon.UK or Amazon.es and test out the cost of delivery. Put the same item into both baskets and go through to the end to see the final costs.

Rosemary

Jon-Bxl Jul 5th 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 12706828)
You can add a Spanish address to your existing account. You can buy from Amazon.UK or Amazon.es and test out the cost of delivery. Put the same item into both baskets and go through to the end to see the final costs.

Rosemary

Thanks but I think the bottom line here is where you live in CE. (With a subsidiary problem of the delivery companies not understanding the addressing system in CE.)

Its easy to have multiple addresses across several countries on Amazon, ebay etc. I do it.

We cannot have delivery on CE where we live (ME) because there is no pick up system. Packages would be left on the road outside the security fence. We only have letterboxes there. This is a similar problem on most/all apartment complexes. ......A big chunk of CE.

​We have friends on Lomas, not on the periphery next to the road, who have had problems of the delivery people getting confused finding the property address, when walking around the complex after parking on the road, outside the security barrier.

We also have friends with individual villas who have the easiest delivery chance, who have had problems too. So experientially - package delivery, so far, is very hit-and-miss. And then a hell of a problem with customer services (sometimes) sorting it all out.

I've been told that the shop next to the Passage, on the corner is an Amazon drop off point.

Can someone confirm that please, and also highlight any other drop-off point?

I reckon these shops get some sort of financial incentive to do this (otherwise why do it ). It would be great if eg the GC or shop (Amalia) did it. In fact Id personally be happy to pay a little extra if they took delivery. If that breaks some rule, then Id be happy to put e.g 1€ in a tip jar. Till then, in our situation, we dont buy generally packages. Also its nice to give the local shops some (old fashioned) walk-in business :)

Jon

PS we bought a new dishwasher last year. They removed the old one. We left for lunch a few minutes later, to sadly see our old one dumped by the bins. On returning a little later it had been gutted and internal bits had been stripped out from a broken 13yr old machine!!

Obviously no one would have a package delivery where the packages are left outside on the road.

Ex Adeladie Jul 5th 2019 7:56 am

Hi Kate. I have sent you a Private Message.

Paul

guesswork Jul 5th 2019 8:10 am

I have used Amazon.es on numerous occasions. Amazon use various delivery companies.
They cannot deliver to my address on Las Encinas due to the gates.

I normally put in my address when I order but after 1 day I go on the Tracker system and find out which company has the parcel. I then change the delivery point to one of the Drop and Collect points they have in Ayamonte. This has always worked for me

Each delivery company has different drop off points.

Jon-Bxl Jul 5th 2019 8:21 am

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12706969)
I have used Amazon.es on numerous occasions. Amazon use various delivery companies.
They cannot deliver to my address on Las Encinas due to the gates.

I normally put in my address when I order but after 1 day I go on the Tracker system and find out which company has the parcel. I then change the delivery point to one of the Drop and Collect points they have in Ayamonte. This has always worked for me

Each delivery company has different drop off points.

That's a good tip, thanks.

So there are a couple of options, this one .... and .... the one I mentioned.... i.e

..... Amazon also have specific drop off points for them (as opposed to the delivery company's ones), in bigger towns even things like mailboxes in shopping centres etc. If they have a specific drop off point in town - this would go direct save changing the destination on the delivery co. I often use this kind of drop off in Brussels so that we don't have to be hanging around for delivery.

I wonder if anyone knows - I suppose its on their site too, but would be interested to know if people have had success with this, as well as GW's idea.

Once the drones get going, I'd be happy to have my parcel deposited on my terrace! :thumbsup:

Jon

MikeJ Jul 5th 2019 9:43 am

PP Let & Care (aka Purple Parrot) will provide a delivery address - I guess primarily for their clients - and have delivered to us in ME M7.

EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Fred R Jul 5th 2019 10:28 am

If you order from Amazon,es you can simply select delivery to one of a number of locations in Ayamonte, eg the shop near Passage as already mentioned, the shop at the corner of Plaza Leon Ortega etc. I've had three separate orders delivered to the the latter with no problems - just bring your passport for ID. Your name and order ref will be on the package.

Regards

Fred R Jul 5th 2019 10:30 am

whoops amazon.es !!

Jon-Bxl Jul 5th 2019 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Fred R (Post 12707002)
If you order from Amazon,es you can simply select delivery to one of a number of locations in Ayamonte, eg the shop near Passage as already mentioned, the shop at the corner of Plaza Leon Ortega etc. I've had three separate orders delivered to the the latter with no problems - just bring your passport for ID. Your name and order ref will be on the package.

Regards

Thanks Fred,
:goodpost:
Exactly what I was asking for. We are often in Pl Leon Ortega, our fave plaza.... so that works, as well as Laguna as a backup..

This is now sorted as we know it works in reality

Thanks again
Jon

Kath Las Colinas Jul 5th 2019 10:00 pm

Regards

i tried that on my most recent order and received a message saying that they couldn't deliver this package to that address, not sure why but it wouldn't accept it.

Fred R Jul 12th 2019 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas (Post 12707241)
i tried that on my most recent order and received a message saying that they couldn't deliver this package to that address, not sure why but it wouldn't accept it.

That is odd, Kath - my last delivery was at the end of May !!

Regards

Jon-Bxl Jul 12th 2019 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Fred R (Post 12709491)
That is odd, Kath - my last delivery was at the end of May !!

Regards

I can only guess that the local shops have a limit on size/weight etc.

Nowadays one can buy anything from a fridge/freezer to a huge telly to an SD card online.

I'm sure that most parcels would be accepted.

Its good to know that for most parcel deliveries there is a one-off solution to order, pay then have a pickup in town.

Also as a backup, one can use the tip that GW suggested to wait a day, and go to the courier site and change the delivery address.

Again I would put a coin in a tip-jar if Amalia would take parcel deliveries

Jon

tessy20 Aug 7th 2019 1:40 pm

Regards

Yesterday I placed an order on amazon.es. I persevered with the address fields so it would accept my order - which is my La Colina address. I couldn't see any alternative collection point addresses or an option to search for one. Could you perhaps let me know of a couple in Ayamonte that I can try out. Tbh this is only a £10 order to check out if it works OK - I won't be hugely disappointed if it goes astray - it's more about me getting the steps right. Thanks in advance.

Fred R Aug 7th 2019 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by tessy20 (Post 12719999)
Yesterday I placed an order on amazon.es. I persevered with the address fields so it would accept my order - which is my La Colina address. I couldn't see any alternative collection point addresses or an option to search for one. Could you perhaps let me know of a couple in Ayamonte that I can try out. Tbh this is only a £10 order to check out if it works OK - I won't be hugely disappointed if it goes astray - it's more about me getting the steps right. Thanks in advance.

If you want to select a collection point in Ayamonte then on the shipping screen headed "Seleccionar una dirección de envío" click on Selecciona un punto de recogida cercano. (3rd line down, on the right).

On the next screen, on the right, you'll see "Seleccionar un punto de recogida cercano". On the 5th line below you'll see a drop-down list opposite "Buscar:" Now select "Celeritas" from the list, then click the radio button "Buscar por código postal:" and in the box opposite enter 21400 (Ayamonte postcode). Now click on the yellow "Buscar" button and you'll get a screen with a list of locations. Just click on the yellow box "Enviar a esta direccion" eg CELERITAS - LIBRERIA MARTIN PLAZA LEON ORTEGA, 16 which is the shop on the corner of Plaza Leon Ortega. I've used this lots of time.

You'll get a notification from Amazon.es when the goods are ready for collection. Take your passport for ID when you go to collect the goods.

When you next order from Amazon.es your new collection point will appear as an option in your shipping address list.

Regards

Fred