am i dreaming

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am i dreaming

Originally Posted by Rotor
I think if you had to you could live on 4 euro a day if you prepare and cook at home, sure it would bloody boring but you would be in good health, if you go another 50 cents you could get a bottle of paint stripping vino

Breakfast - toast/1 egg / coffee 1 euro

midday meal - baguet / ham/ tomatoe , water, 1 euro

evening meal -stewing steak / 3 veg / coffee
I go with that, chicken and pork are cheap enough too, make your own curries etc with rice, for a variation.
Mince 2€´s a pack, cottage pie, spag bol, etc.

Trouble is we have had too much choice and wasted loads before.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:26 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Breakfast: Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, two slices of black pudding, two fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and two slices of toast. Each. (You never know if there’s a hard day ahead).

Lunch: Fried Atlantic cod, with salad for her, and with potato wedges and peas for me, followed by two chocolate lollies each, nutty ones.

Dinner, still to be cooked: Chicken with salad, or pasta, and Crema Catalan for afters. And some red and white wine.

I can’t break down the cost, and the dogs have two meals too. I’ve also used washing powder and conditioner, fly and mosquito sprays, and driven five miles in the car. We’ve both washed our hair today, and I’ve treated myself to a newspaper and a computer magazine. I’ll need to buy myself another frying pan later, one of them is worn out. I’ll save money by going to one of the Chinese shops.

As I said, it comes to 120 Euros a week.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by HBG
I did the shopping again yesterday and can confirm that for two people and two dogs, albeit under a current mosquito siege, the bill comes to 120 Euros a week.
Incredible, do you feed your dogs solomillo? Although looking at your menu looks like a wonderful UK theme going there so not surprised it's costing so much

I went shopping yesterday too.. 32€ with a 5€ bottle of red
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:23 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Incredible, do you feed your dogs solomillo? Although looking at your menu looks like a wonderful UK theme going there so not surprised it's costing so much

I went shopping today and it cost 27€, but then I spend that probably 5 times a week!

Jo xx
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I bet none of these manage on €15 a week!
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/index.html#611130
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:51 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy

You were lucky we live 'n middle 'o road and had to lick it clean for that sort of money.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rotor;8036368]I think if you had to you could live on 4 euro a day if you prepare and cook at home, sure it would bloody boring but you would be in good health, if you go another 50 cents you could get a bottle of paint stripping vino

Yes we are both very healthy, cook at home and enjoy the paint stripping vino
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Breakfast: Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, two slices of black pudding, two fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and two slices of toast. Each. (You never know if there’s a hard day ahead).

Lunch: Fried Atlantic cod, with salad for her, and with potato wedges and peas for me, followed by two chocolate lollies each, nutty ones.

Dinner, still to be cooked: Chicken with salad, or pasta, and Crema Catalan for afters. And some red and white wine.

I can’t break down the cost, and the dogs have two meals too. I’ve also used washing powder and conditioner, fly and mosquito sprays, and driven five miles in the car. We’ve both washed our hair today, and I’ve treated myself to a newspaper and a computer magazine. I’ll need to buy myself another frying pan later, one of them is worn out. I’ll save money by going to one of the Chinese shops.

As I said, it comes to 120 Euros a week.
I`d start putting money aside for a heart transplant
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I once went on a sort of detox diet and ate little more than rice and water for a week. My shopping bill was less than 3€ for the entire week.

Also, if you have a BricoDepot anywhere near you they offer free coffee and breakfast before 10:30. You could fill ya boots there each morning and you'd hardly need to go grocery shopping at all!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:18 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I`d start putting money aside for a heart transplant
You're right, we're trying to cut down. We didn't have any black pudding or mushrooms this morning, I forgot to buy them. She's sending me back to Mercadona this evening, we've eaten all the chocolate ice lollies and we're low on toilet paper.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:17 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Last time we stayed in Spain was in a small village, we rented a townhouse.

We followed the Spanish timetable and we eat Spanish food.

Breakfast was a bread roll, tomato and olive oil with coffee.

Small tapa with glass of red wine around 12am.

Then large meal for lunch at 3pm, I loved there Spit roast chickens.We also had beans and Lentils.

By 9pm we usually had small rolls with Jamon.

I was supprised how cheap and full we where for the price, also eating big in the middle of the day reduced my heart burn.

My toilet habits also improved, dramatically.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:28 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Last time we stayed in Spain was in a small village, we rented a townhouse.

We followed the Spanish timetable and we eat Spanish food.

Breakfast was a bread roll, tomato and olive oil with coffee.

Small tapa with glass of red wine around 12am.

Then large meal for lunch at 3pm, I loved there Spit roast chickens.We also had beans and Lentils.

By 9pm we usually had small rolls with Jamon.

I was supprised how cheap and full we where for the price, also eating big in the middle of the day reduced my heart burn.

My toilet habits also improved, dramatically.
Churros!!!! Dont forget the spanish have churros for breakfast!! Sadly, I cant cos I'm gluten and sugar intollerant, but my visitors always have to have them, so I pack em off to the local bar - keeps em from needing feeding tel at least lunchtime!!!!

Jo xxxx
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:26 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Churros!!!! Dont forget the spanish have churros for breakfast!! Sadly, I cant cos I'm gluten and sugar intollerant, but my visitors always have to have them, so I pack em off to the local bar - keeps em from needing feeding tel at least lunchtime!!!!

Jo xxxx
I prefer them with Chocolate when its cold, for the Am I find them a little heavy.

Without getting too personnel, my stools fly out when I`m in Spain.

I eat the same amount of Olive Oil in the UK as Spain, so it can`t be that, but my god am I loose in Spain.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chulo
I prefer them with Chocolate when its cold, for the Am I find them a little heavy.

Without getting too personnel, my stools fly out when I`m in Spain.

I eat the same amount of Olive Oil in the UK as Spain, so it can`t be that, but my god am I loose in Spain.

Dont you find the olive oil completely different here in Spain tho?? I do, even the cheap stuff from the supermarket. Altho the stuff I get from the guy up the road who picks and presses his own is unbelievable and only 10€ for an enormous bottle that I can hardly carry!!! Now that can have a "lubricating" if not explosive effect!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:41 pm
Banned

Never really looked that close to be honest.

We always place Garlic cloves into the serving bottle, with the white vinegar we usually place a bay leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.