British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Almeria Area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/almeria-area-348966/)

mitzipurr Jan 17th 2006 7:21 pm

Almeria Area

Hi

Is there anybody out there from the Almeria areas, ie Albox, Arboleas district or any other?

My friend is looking to buy there as the properties seem so reasonable - can there be some catch??

Mitzipurr :)

pwwm Jan 17th 2006 8:15 pm

Re: Almeria Area

I am 45mins the other side of Almeria so cannot speak for Albox etc. But Albunol is great
pwwm

shoo Jan 19th 2006 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi

Is there anybody out there from the Almeria areas, ie Albox, Arboleas district or any other?Mitzipurr :)

Try

www.viva-almeria.com
or
www.arboleas.co.uk

both have forums

good luck, shoo

helenba Apr 14th 2006 1:39 pm

hi i am so sorry to say this but albox has been ruined by us brits have been there several times as you enter the centre where the shops are you will not here one spanish voice but very common brits sorry again to say property is cheaper there but there are also lots of problems as well the local mayer is in alsorts of trouble for regestering property of us brits with back handers or brits not regestring at all inlots of trouble so i would keep well away my parents are in heurcal great area prices i bit more but you only get wot you pay for im in benizalon bit remote for some i like i albox mini blackpool sorry

helenba Apr 26th 2006 3:45 pm

if your looking at the albox area then dont bother we have visited on several occations no local spanish shops or bars have been taken over by the brits there are a lot of propertys there which are not legal the local mayor is in alit of trouble at the moment for taking back handers of the brits if you like blackpool then ok you might like it take a visit there you will see for you selves my parents are in heurcal overa lovely place we are in the process of bying in benizalon lovely area again property cheap but might be a little remote for some good luck in your search

chirivel Apr 29th 2006 9:35 am

Hi i live 20 mins from Albox and try to avoid it like the plague.There is also a lot of illegal builds and going through agents doesnt really protect you.Still there are lots of villages a short drive away that are still unspoilt and it is a lovely part of Spain i wouldnt be any where else. :)

patricia Apr 29th 2006 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by chirivel
Hi i live 20 mins from Albox and try to avoid it like the plague.There is also a lot of illegal builds and going through agents doesnt really protect you.Still there are lots of villages a short drive away that are still unspoilt and it is a lovely part of Spain i wouldnt be any where else. :)

Hola
I live 2 kms outside of Albox and have been here for just overa year now. I have to say that I really love living here. There are plenty of really nice Spanish bars around the town. Yes there are a lot of brits here and some of them are real rip off merchants mainly to other brits. But as with everything in life it is what you make it.We have a lovely casa in an area that has a good ratio of Spanish to English. I have neighbors who are both. But we do not live on an urbanisation. Albox is expanding all the time and we have a good selection of shops etc. We have lot's of friends both Spanish and English. We came here looking for a better way of life and we have found it. So my advice is to look around and make up your own mind. Good luck