Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Allied Pickfords Removal Service

Allied Pickfords Removal Service

Old May 2nd 2006, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Gwen is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Allied Pickfords Removal Service

If you are looking for a reliable moving company from the UK to Spain, I would suggest you do NOT use Allied Pickfords.

Having been promised a delivery date of 12 working days from the 20 March, I am still waiting for my boxes which were packed at my home in the UK on 7th March. I was assured on 18th April that they 'were on the vehicle' leaving for Spain, to be told today that they 'are still in the UK'.

As they say - buyer beware! :
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allied Pickfords Removal Service

Originally Posted by Gwen
If you are looking for a reliable moving company from the UK to Spain, I would suggest you do NOT use Allied Pickfords.

Having been promised a delivery date of 12 working days from the 20 March, I am still waiting for my boxes which were packed at my home in the UK on 7th March. I was assured on 18th April that they 'were on the vehicle' leaving for Spain, to be told today that they 'are still in the UK'.

As they say - buyer beware! :
Give them the hotel bill
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhh good idea jdr wish we´d done that when our stuff was dropped in malaga and not alhaurin

as for you gwen - the truck will not leave until full - they´ll not drive down with a half load. it may take longer than "the average is 12 days"...do you have anything in writing?? a contract etc?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
ohhhh good idea jdr wish we´d done that when our stuff was dropped in malaga and not alhaurin

as for you gwen - the truck will not leave until full - they´ll not drive down with a half load. it may take longer than "the average is 12 days"...do you have anything in writing?? a contract etc?
Yep, bfg's right. Here we're talking about one of the major names in removals companies and they still can't deliver the service.

Imho (as I've been in international transport most of my life) you very seldom come accross a good international removals company. They all promise the earth and deliver much less. And its not as if they are cheap either. When I go I'll be hiring a van and taking what stuff we are taking myself. I know when it will be there, and there are much less chances of it being broken.

A few months ago I came accross a family who were moving their whole house contents to Alicante (3 bed semi) and they were being charged £7500 for transport & packing. Almost made me want to start up my own removals company
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:58 am
Just Joined

scriv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yep, bfg's right. Here we're talking about one of the major names in removals companies and they still can't deliver the service.

Imho (as I've been in international transport most of my life) you very seldom come accross a good international removals company. They all promise the earth and deliver much less. And its not as if they are cheap either. When I go I'll be hiring a van and taking what stuff we are taking myself. I know when it will be there, and there are much less chances of it being broken.

A few months ago I came accross a family who were moving their whole house contents to Alicante (3 bed semi) and they were being charged £7500 for transport & packing. Almost made me want to start up my own removals company
I've had the same thoughts Mitzyboy. We should start up a partnership
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap 7500 !!! and they paid it?!?!?!?!?!?

we paid 3k pounds when we moved, but that was a full container, and a car. i thought that was expensive.. christ!!! 7.5k... thats sh*tloads!!

i´ve got removals experience mitzy, not as much as you but keep me in mind if you do decide to do it!!!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap 7500 !!! and they paid it?!?!?!?!?!?

we paid 3k pounds when we moved, but that was a full container, and a car. i thought that was expensive.. christ!!! 7.5k... thats sh*tloads!!

i´ve got removals experience mitzy, not as much as you but keep me in mind if you do decide to do it!!!!
Hey ... thats three of us straight off. It is seriously something I've considered. I used to own a company that operated trailer services from and to Spain from the UK. I have the contacts & the knowledge but its a case of getting of my arse and doing something cos I know I could do a much better job than some of these cowboys
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

one job a month would be a good starting point
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:29 am
Senior Moment

one job a month would be a good starting point
Well the way I see it you tie it in with other things. Have you ever noticed how cheap Spanish wall tiles are in comparison with the UK for instance?
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

theres alot of scope for making profit transporting alot of different items if there are contacts / outlets for all the different things ?
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

theres alot of scope for making profit transporting alot of different items if there are contacts / outlets for all the different things ?
Great ideas! Would there be a market for snide gear?
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

i appreciate you sceptism ... but how is a truck full of tiles "snide gear" ? i´m not talking about running fags or copied dvds.. just the legal stuff.
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:27 pm
Senior Moment

i appreciate you sceptism ... but how is a truck full of tiles "snide gear" ? i´m not talking about running fags or copied dvds.. just the legal stuff.
Errrrrrrrr .... I don't think he's referring to my tiles
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

me neither
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Plumbing stuff and tools are a lot cheaper here also, its just how to flog it in the UK, you need to know someone to bulk buy it off you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.