Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

All sorted and some insight to new people coming here

All sorted and some insight to new people coming here

Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough
Smile All sorted and some insight to new people coming here

I have found all Spanish at this place near Valencia (Alboraya-Port Saplaya) very helpfull indeed. I don't speak Spanish but understand a bit as I cna understand a bit of French and a bit of Italian and what I did was got a mobile internet from vodafone and took my laptop with me everywhere. So used online translator to communicate.

Although not my first choice, I took the place at the British School of Valencia as after visiting some other schools, I found them aproachable, less run like a business and got to meet owners, head teacher and some other people personally. They offered help with English speaking agencies, finding bank etc.

In the meantime, having wasted time looking in valencia walking distance to school, I decided that I want to stay somewhere with the view to the beach and so one of the locals got me a flat right on the beach in residential area. They introduced me to the local doctor, they will put a phone/internet line for me and this all for free.

The apartment is 800 eur, first line on the beach and is two bed fully furnished beautiful, wooden floors etc. 10 mns drive to Valencia center straight road.

So, 3 weeks and all sorted. I may be lucky or just assertive, but wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and also to give hope to those who are worried or struggling.

I am sure I will find problems on the way, but two most important things school and permanent flat are done now.

Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:30 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: All sorted and some insight to new people coming here

Well done.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: All sorted and some insight to new people coming here

Thank you. If anyone is interested in coming to my area, please let me know. I have met enough helpful people here. We could stat a British school