Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

All expats in Spain - Are you happy?

All expats in Spain - Are you happy?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default All expats in Spain - Are you happy?

Ive only been on this site recently as our move to Spain is iminent and I would like to gather as much info as possible from those already there.

Lots of useful info has been given but I often feel an underlying negativity from lots of people re moving to Spain.

Iknow there is a lot to consider but all too often the negative side of everything is being portrayed - almost as if there is no positive side at all.

You may say that you need to point out the bad side of things but surely the positive side is just as important.

Do you all regret moving there or are you all bored?

Some positive replies please.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: All expats in Spain - Are you happy?

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Ive only been on this site recently as our move to Spain is iminent and I would like to gather as much info as possible from those already there.

Lots of useful info has been given but I often feel an underlying negativity from lots of people re moving to Spain.

Iknow there is a lot to consider but all too often the negative side of everything is being portrayed - almost as if there is no positive side at all.

You may say that you need to point out the bad side of things but surely the positive side is just as important.

There will always be people who only point out the positive and / or the negative of ANY situation. There are good and bad things about anywhere on the planet and what one perceives as good (or bad) another will think the opposite.

It is human nature after all and thankfully we are not all the same.

For myself, I am very happy and I dont let anyone or anything worry me.

Life is too short.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Forums are breeding grounds for negativity (anyone seen spanishpropertyinsight.com???). They are ok for getting titbits of information and mindless chitter chatter, but don't make any life alterating decisions based on info on a forum.

I did lots of things people on a forum would have advised against (eg, buying without a solicitor) but if I could turn the clock back I would do it all the same again and with no regrets whatsoever.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

This is better - keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by Veleta
Forums are breeding grounds for negativity (anyone seen spanishpropertyinsight.com???). They are ok for getting titbits of information and mindless chitter chatter, but don't make any life alterating decisions based on info on a forum.

I did lots of things people on a forum would have advised against (eg, buying without a solicitor) but if I could turn the clock back I would do it all the same again and with no regrets whatsoever.

I couldnt agree more. There seems to be a LOT of people on here especially who are so full of bitterness and negativity, especially about Spain for some reason, one wonders why they say anything at all.

I'm totally happy doing what we plan to do, and were not daft, nor gullible, nor are we planning to buy somewhere, nor do we expect england ons ea, nor do we expect people to speak english.

one life

live it.

(waits for negative responses: oh youll fail, oh the ferry will sink, you will both be struck by lightning etc etc etc)

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

oh and if i was living in Spain right now at this very moment, the last thing i would be doing is stuck inside hunched over a computer..............

...criticising spain, its people, its food, its culture etc etc.!!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes we regret it - sometimes we're glad we came

sometimes we're down - sometimes we're really happy

but that's life anywhere - especially when you are bringing up kids!

we're still here after nearly 6 years - through both brilliant & dreadful times - and not planning a return to the UK at all
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
oh and if i was living in Spain right now at this very moment, the last thing i would be doing is stuck inside hunched over a computer..............

Ah! But you may do after a few years!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:42 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Been very happy here for 10 years, bought and sold a few properties without problems. Have a nice place in a nice area. I don't know if we shall stay much longer though. Spoilt now by greedy developers, Town Halls, anti-Brit sentiment -rip-off prices. If property prices ever pick-up will have another think. Doubt if that will be in the next 5 years (or more!).

I know a lot of people who have left Spain and it hasn't been for financial reasons, they just don't like it anymore.

As for being "hunched over a computer" there are a lot of hours in a day, what would you do? spend 12 hours or more in the sun in 34C heat. We aren't on holiday, we live here
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:42 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm supposed to be writing a spanish lesson

keep getting sidetracked

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Ah! But you may do after a few years!!
now there's a point
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Well, unfortunately needs must. Hunching over a computer is what helps me pay the bills! But all I have to do is raise my eyes a little and admire the lovely blue sky through the window. Always helps to raise the spirits a little.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:46 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Life in spain is what you make it. Why did you choose Aspe?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:47 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There is an invention called a lap-top, even works by the pool
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
There is an invention called a lap-top, even works by the pool
You are just showing off now 'cos you have a real phone line and real broadband!!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:51 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

The last thing I would be doing in Plymouth ................. is conversing with my wife over an interent forum,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.