Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

All the British are leaving...Official.

All the British are leaving...Official.

Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the British are leaving...Official.

Originally Posted by cricketman
I was quoting you what Spanish people from Malaga had told me
I'll give you a tip, don't believe everything you are told, and in your case, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You are great at quoting people, facts from the internet, get some opinions of your own based on your own personal experience.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I'll give you a tip, don't believe everything you are told, and in your case, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You are great at quoting people, facts from the internet, get some opinions of your own based on your own personal experience.
Which is why I told you all an annecdote of what happened to me while working in a job in Málaga. Is that not personal experience?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

He`s still wet behind the ears, many of his comments are like those from students , know everything , done nothing
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
He`s still wet behind the ears, many of his comments are like those from students , know everything , done nothing
Who me? How can you make a judgment like that? What do you want me to do, send you my CV?

For the past 7 years I've been working for some of the best companies from clients all over the world. Lucky for me, I can do this remotely so a few years ago chose to move from London to Spain.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, not much he doesn't know, is there? To think he's so clever at a young age, it's scary to think how clever he will be when he grows up.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, not much he doesn't know, is there? To think he's so clever at a young age, it's scary to think how clever he will be when he grows up.
I remember a know it all apprentice asking a senior technician how to do a difficult job, his reply was `you should have asked me when I was younger, I knew averything then
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cricketman
Who me? How can you make a judgment like that? What do you want me to do, send you my CV?

For the past 7 years I've been working for some of the best companies from clients all over the world. Lucky for me, I can do this remotely so a few years ago chose to move from London to Spain.

Might have guessedI`d also guess your office manager prefers you to work remotely.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Might have guessedI`d also guess your office manager prefers you to work remotely.
... and you're a pleasant individual as well eh?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:33 am
Banned

icharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really nice

(SNIP)

The only reason the British think the Spanish like them is because they don't speak Spanish, and therefore can't understand what's being said about them !

All this talk of Spain being reliant on foreigners is laughable coming from the UK.

The UK actually boasts about being reliant on foreigners, "Inward investment......" The vast majority of job's in the UK are created by foreign companies !!!

With the exception of London, the rest of the UK is irrelevant, the only other parts of the UK that actually contribute to the economy only do so because of their connections to London

The only person who actually made an intelligent contribution becomes the target of childish insults

So if someone displays an ability to reason, the only argument the majority on here can put up is an insult !!!:rofl

Not surprising the rest of the world thinks we're a joke, I am so in awe of my elders !

Heres a newsflash, Queen Victoria died in 1906, the Empire is largely gone, the UK is a medium sized regional power, that no one, not least its inhabitants, actually cares about.

The residents of other countries feel exactly the same about us setting up ghettos in there countries, as we would about them doing the same over here !

I'm sure Europeans are proud of the size of their British "Expat" communities, in fact they actually boast in the pub about the number of semi literate, football top wearing, English, only, speaking Brits they have in their countries, because of course the British are a superior race after all !(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 4th 2010 at 11:47 am. Reason: Insulting and inciting the BE community as a whole is not helpful
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
... and you're a pleasant individual as well eh?

Nope, thats why I have to be my own boss
Old Mar 4th 2010, 2:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please return to topic
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can we please return to topic
Well I'm British & I'm not leaving - so ALL the British aren't leaving
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to see how many people are coming here, I still seem to hear of lots that are

I'll leave when I'm ready ... or I may not leave at all ... it just depends, no one knows what is around the corner
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:35 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Yes we're British and not leaving..........yet

Enjoying it while we can.....
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:49 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I've no intention of leaving, altho if circumstnaces change it may have to happen - but I dont want to.

Actually I seem to know of quite a few people who have recently arrived or are planning to come over in the near future. One of those actually walked straight into a job within a week of arriving . I only know of 3 families who have left in the last 6 months.

Family 1. left cos their 16yo daughter wanted/needed to go to college in the UK

Family 2. left cos her husband was commuting and ended up spending all his time in the UK

Family 3. Arrived with the plan that it would be easy, they would get by cleaning pools, gardening, doing odd jobs, cleaning villas etc - they ran out of money!

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.