Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante to Javea Transfer Needed August 2011

Alicante to Javea Transfer Needed August 2011

Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

rustysmart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alicante to Javea Transfer Needed August 2011

This is not really an expat question, but I'm hoping some expats could help me!

I'm coming to Javea this August with my family (6 of us in total) and need to get from the airport to the resort. We came last year and was able to arrange a transfer with the apartment owner. However this year we are staying at a different apartment.

I've looked on some websites but they seem really expensive compared to last year when we paid £90 each way. Some of the prices I've seen this year start at £200 one way!

HELP!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alicante to Javea Transfer Needed August 2011

Originally Posted by rustysmart
This is not really an expat question, but I'm hoping some expats could help me!

I'm coming to Javea this August with my family (6 of us in total) and need to get from the airport to the resort. We came last year and was able to arrange a transfer with the apartment owner. However this year we are staying at a different apartment.

I've looked on some websites but they seem really expensive compared to last year when we paid £90 each way. Some of the prices I've seen this year start at £200 one way!

HELP!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
My friends who come here to Javea Port a few times every year, use a guy called John, who I think is a one man band, but absolutely reliable.
If you can wait , and not book anything yet , I will get in contact with him, and I will get you the number, the last time they used him was February and it was 100 euros one way,
I think he has a large people carrier that would take 6 people.
Let me know if you would like me to get the number ?
Regards Mo
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
My friends who come here to Javea Port a few times every year, use a guy called John, who I think is a one man band, but absolutely reliable.
If you can wait , and not book anything yet , I will get in contact with him, and I will get you the number, the last time they used him was February and it was 100 euros one way,
I think he has a large people carrier that would take 6 people.
Let me know if you would like me to get the number ?
Regards Mo
is he licensed & insured to carry paying passengers?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Pavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnxa
is he licensed & insured to carry paying passengers?
PASSENGER BEWARE !

Last edited by Pavlo; Apr 26th 2011 at 7:16 am.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:02 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have also read on travel forums that there are a lot of transfer companies who are illegal. I have also read that some taxi drivers are on the look out for this rouges as they are taking business away from them.
I would look for a company the prices in Euros
Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:57 am
Just Joined

rustysmart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice so far guys, any advice (warnings or otherwise) are greatly appreciated.

Like I said the apartment owner from last year sorted this for us, but this year we need to sort our own.

Keep me posted on what is available.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rustysmart
Thanks for the advice so far guys, any advice (warnings or otherwise) are greatly appreciated.

Like I said the apartment owner from last year sorted this for us, but this year we need to sort our own.

Keep me posted on what is available.
these seem to be a pretty big company, so I'd be very surprised if they're not licensed

just under 22 quid pp each way
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:04 am
Just Joined

pj-marbella is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if you want someone licensed and legit you are going to pay more as they have overheads and higher fuel costs than a year a go.

There are many people do private driving on the side for extra income but yes, you do need to be aware that they are not licensed as a taxi.

If you want cheap then I think you will find one of the unlicensed people the way to go.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by pj-snuko
I think if you want someone licensed and legit you are going to pay more as they have overheads and higher fuel costs than a year a go.

There are many people do private driving on the side for extra income but yes, you do need to be aware that they are not licensed as a taxi.

If you want cheap then I think you will find one of the unlicensed people the way to go.
which is all very well until you have an accident or they get pulled by the police & you find yourself stranded
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:33 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

That seems a strange comment from someone who on another thread is saying that the government needs to sort out the black moeny in Spain.

Alot of people are quick to critisize the workers who are "held to ransom" and have to accept this practice or be without a job, but the tell others to use illegal services to save themselves a few bob, when they have the coice of paying a bit more to someone legit.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

I wonder with the state of the economy whether all so called licensed taxis and cars are insured properly and maintained correctly.

If you are concerned about such matters then official taxi or transfer company will be better option but of course that will come with a higher fee for the reasons I stated earlier.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:37 am
Just Joined

My views on work ethics are one thing and advice on people questions are another.

Of course my views are safety first, price second.

I stated that if cost was the driving force (forgive the pun) then the option would be to use unlicensed. (not saying this is something I agree with or support but just stating an option)
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:38 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder with the state of the economy whether all so called licensed taxis and cars are insured properly and maintained correctly.

If you are concerned about such matters then official taxi or transfer company will be better option but of course that will come with a higher fee for the reasons I stated earlier.

The thing is that fines are big if a licensed taxi is found to be working without the proper paperwork. So the driver/operator will be scared a huge fine. So maintenance is going to be high on the owners agenda. Those that run illegal services simply could not give a ........