British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Alicante expats query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/alicante-expats-query-908503/)

Nrb88 Jan 27th 2018 9:36 am

Alicante expats query

Hi all,

I am planning on moving to Alicante next year with my partner Callum and our frenchie Boris. We are late 20s. My partner races motorbikes and ideally their would be some enduro or race tracks around about that he could play about on. We are wanting to move to an area where there are plenty of expat families, we want to be along the coast and close proximity to the airport. We have researched and think the areas Santa pola or Gran Alicant would probably be most practical. We are interested in the Javea area also however. We want some advice on area recommendations. We want a safe area with amenities close by. Any advice would be welcomed.

Rosemary Jan 27th 2018 10:08 am

Re: Alicante expats query

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

missile Jan 27th 2018 5:06 pm

There are no less than 6 circuits near Valencia and a great track near Cartegena . Only in Spain(?) would you find a circuit run by the town council @ Torre Pancheco.

Horlics Jan 27th 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Op,

I'm in Javea which has plenty of expats and is coastal, so seems to fit the bill, although it is an hour and 20 mins from the airport.

I'm not aware of any race tracks though.

Nrb88 Jan 27th 2018 8:33 pm

The Javea area seems very popular on this site. Is that the most recommended area for people wanting to live near other British expats? We love that we are a train journey from valencia although it a long one to see the moto gp etc. Very exciting!!

MikeJ Jan 28th 2018 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nrb88 (Post 12428615)
Hi all,

I am planning on moving to Alicante next year with my partner Callum and our frenchie Boris. We are late 20s. My partner races motorbikes and ideally their would be some enduro or race tracks around about that he could play about on. We are wanting to move to an area where there are plenty of expat families, we want to be along the coast and close proximity to the airport. We have researched and think the areas Santa pola or Gran Alicant would probably be most practical. We are interested in the Javea area also however. We want some advice on area recommendations. We want a safe area with amenities close by. Any advice would be welcomed.

Interesting that you call your capote anglais Boris, any particular reason? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Horlics Jan 28th 2018 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nrb88 (Post 12428914)
The Javea area seems very popular on this site. Is that the most recommended area for people wanting to live near other British expats? We love that we are a train journey from valencia although it a long one to see the moto gp etc. Very exciting!!

There's no train from Javea to Valencia. There's a bus that takes 2 hours or a little less.

There are plenty of expats in Javea but there are plenty in many other places too, so I wouldn't let that influence you too much.