Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante airport directions

Alicante airport directions

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice
Default Alicante airport directions

I would really appreciate clear directions from Alicante airport to Oliva, please.
Last time we didnt see any sign marked Alicante airport (coming from Gandia), we only saw a sign for Alicante itself , which we didn't take - ended up driving towards Murcia and had to loop back for about 20kms.
Which turnoff/exit number should we have taken.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

dr_designer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Alicante airport directions

From Alicante airport you follow the sign to Valencia. White on blue, you can't miss them. On the motorway you pass Benidorm and Benissa (etc.) The turning for Oliva is clearly marked, both 5K or so in advance, then 1K before. You really can't miss it

Did you perhaps mean from Oliva to Alicante airport?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

No, I need directions from Oliva to Alicante airport also.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

By 'no', you seem to mean 'yes'!

You go right round Alicante, and then come off the motorway at the top of a hill, at Junction 72. The junction is clearly signposted for the airport; the road also goes to Cartagena. You stay on that road, ignoring the turn-off to Elche (which comes up quite quickly).

You will see the airport to your right, and the (small) road in is again clearly marked. (The Spanish for 'airport' is aeropuerto but I expect you knew that. Many of the signs also have a plane image on them.)

Good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenna m

Its signposted now. Where you went wrong was when you came down the hill from Benidorm with Alicante infront of you. You need to take the right slip road at the bottom of the incline, dont go straight on. Its signposted Alicante and there is a sign for the airport now I think also
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Know where we went wrong last time now - it was at that hill bit of the road.
Your quick replies much appreciated.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Know where we went wrong last time now - it was at that hill bit of the road.
Your quick replies much appreciated.

So you're OK now?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

the sign doesnt actually say airport there is just a plane pic to watch out for !!! apparently there were loads of complaints when they opened that new bit of road..we nearly missed ourselves last week
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:39 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain
the sign doesnt actually say airport there is just a plane pic to watch out for !!! apparently there were loads of complaints when they opened that new bit of road..we nearly missed ourselves last week
I went the wrong way myself the first time after they opened it!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Us too! Although I did find myself at a toll booth quite quickly when I took the wrong road, and the operator was extemely helpful as to what I should do to get back on the right road
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

These guys are absolutely right. The crucial thing to do, when you are going down the hill, and you see the pretty coloured sign which says you're coming into Alicante, is to move immediately into the right hand lane and stay there!

The left-hand lane keeps subdividing, and there is always a risk you will find yourself going straight on, when you should be going right.

After that, you should be OK. You asked for a junction number and I gave it to you.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Have a look at Google maps.

You can enlarge as much as you like.

This is what we use. Got Sat Nav now, but yet to try that route.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I very nearly missed it this morning! I'd completely forgotten about the new bit of road, as I normally use Valencia. This weekend I did a Monarch flight from Alicante - very very civilised compared to Ryanair.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by montgomail
I very nearly missed it this morning! I'd completely forgotten about the new bit of road, as I normally use Valencia. This weekend I did a Monarch flight from Alicante - very very civilised compared to Ryanair.
I am flying into Alicante with Monarch tomorrow .. they beat both Ryanair and Easyjet on price this time ... didn't notice that the road looked very different when driving from Alicante to Denia last time; only on the way back was there an obvious change ....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I am flying into Alicante with Monarch tomorrow .. they beat both Ryanair and Easyjet on price this time ... didn't notice that the road looked very different when driving from Alicante to Denia last time; only on the way back was there an obvious change ....
Yes it's the journey to the airport that has changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.