Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante Airlines, Who does Dog/Pet transports flights

Alicante Airlines, Who does Dog/Pet transports flights

Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:19 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Alicante Airlines, Who does Dog/Pet transports flights

Anyone know who does Pet transport flights from Alicante to north UK (Ideally)... maybe Leeds, Doncaster, Manchester, East Midlands.

Have you used them, what's a woof (pun ! sorry) price for a small dog - any comments ?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice
Default Re: Alicante Airlines, Who does Dog/Pet transports flights

Two years ago I brought my cat over from Manchester to Alicante at a cost of approx £350 using Monarch. Presume it would work the other way but the cost has probably risen! The basket comes in with the cost of the flight but Pet Passport would be extra.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Anyone know who does Pet transport flights from Alicante to north UK (Ideally)... maybe Leeds, Doncaster, Manchester, East Midlands.

Have you used them, what's a woof (pun ! sorry) price for a small dog - any comments ?
A few companies offer luxury road travel with overnight motel accomodation if required.
I believe it is door to door,so much more convenient.
I think they travel with 2 or 3 dogs in comfortable compartments in a large air conditioned minivan and are regularly fed and exercised.
Maybe worth considering if air travel and airport trips etc are inconvenient and very expensive.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:53 am
Just Joined

yorks is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats dates have you in mind, GrapeEater
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:00 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think I read on an a website (DEFRA?) that only a few airports handle incoming pets, Sure it was only manchester and Glasgow in the North.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

There is a kennels/cattery, just off the roundabout between Hondon de los Frailes and Hondon de las Nieves, they can organise the flights for transporting pets back to the UK. I have a telephone no. for them if you wanted to ring them and ask them cost and airports in the UK that accept the pets. Email me if you want their number.

Alternatively the DEFRA site states Thomson Airways for Doncaster. Monarch, Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways to Manchester.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

our dog was flown on a Thompsonfly flight, but I think you would need to arrange a frieght forwarder here.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:11 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Very useful info so far. I'll check the Defra web site out. I have no firm dates yet and need to see the Vet (re: Pet Passport).

I like the sound of the door-to-door service. Can anyone PM me with contacts or offer a web site address ??

Any other info' gratefully received, I'm sure there must be other on here wanting to know at some stage. Regards.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:40 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Very useful info so far. I'll check the Defra web site out. I have no firm dates yet and need to see the Vet (re: Pet Passport).

I like the sound of the door-to-door service. Can anyone PM me with contacts or offer a web site address ??

Any other info' gratefully received, I'm sure there must be other on here wanting to know at some stage. Regards.
Have P.M.d you a few door to door sites.
Best Regards,
D.D.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Free beer thread has an aircon van pet delivery service door to door listed that we have used and is an excellent company.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:40 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

mmm, you know I have read about those overland pet companies but have always been loathe to consider them. Lets be honest..if say the luxury van had 6-8 dogs in it, how on earth after driving for hours on end would the driver be able to walk those dogs before he himself beds down for the night? perhaps I am wrong but...... would it not be better for you to drive your pet down yourself, at least you can stop every now and then, sorry for being so negative
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:51 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
mmm, you know I have read about those overland pet companies but have always been loathe to consider them. Lets be honest..if say the luxury van had 6-8 dogs in it, how on earth after driving for hours on end would the driver be able to walk those dogs before he himself beds down for the night? perhaps I am wrong but...... would it not be better for you to drive your pet down yourself, at least you can stop every now and then, sorry for being so negative
I have come across a few on the road and at overnight stops.
I have never yet seen one carrying 6 or 8 dogs.
The ones I have seen, seemed very well equiped and appeared to allow plenty of rest and walk time.
I cannot speak for all of them,there may be some cowboys.
These are just my impressions.
I think most users are pleased with the service and often use them again.
Some of them are happy for the owner to accompany them on the trip.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 8:58 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I have come across a few on the road and at overnight stops.
I have never yet seen one carrying 6 or 8 dogs.
The ones I have seen, seemed very well equiped and appeared to allow plenty of rest and walk time.
I cannot speak for all of them,there may be some cowboys.
These are just my impressions.
I think most users are pleased with the service and often use them again.
Some of them are happy for the owner to accompany them on the trip.
ah, so you looked in the van then? and you followed it to see how many stops they made?
yes i suppose when the dog reaches their destination and the owner sees their dog you are pleased to see them. what can I say...... it just seems a bit odd that when the van reaches their 1st stop ,lets say he has 3-4 dogs he books in for himself and 1 room for a lot of barking dogs who could fight
all night, does that seem feasable. yes the vans are probably equipped with water etc..... sorry to sound real negative, just wished somebody could say to me that they had travelled with their dog and all was hunky dory
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:15 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
If you drive yourself, you also have the opportunity to bring back those other essentials (tea-bags, cheap toiletries, paperbacks etc). Coupled with the fact you can be 100% sure that your pet is being looked after, it sounds a no-brainer to me (I'm sure I'm missing something though ). Probably made easier now that Paws site (I'll do a search and edit) now includes places in France and Spain that accept pets.
Edit: Here it is http://www.pawsforawalk.co.uk/
I'm sure there's also a thread here that gives places in France and Spain where you can stay overnight with pets

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Jun 20th 2009 at 9:17 am. Reason: Adding link
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:16 am
On the road again.

Quite agree,if you want to be 100% certain then D.I.Y.,......which is what I do.
Maybe not everyone can do this for a host of reasons.
In which case all things considered what is least stressful for the pets?

If they fly they probably face two extra road journeys and all the associated moving and handling,which probably only increases the stress for them.
IMHO it is better they get settled in one constant environment.
However where they can go in the aircraft cabin with the owner, then flying is likely the best option.

I have seen inside some vans and they do appear to be very well equipped and have special air-con and ventilation systems.
I have seen them arrive at their overnight stops with most of the evening free to exercise and relax.
I have not yet seen any problems between dogs at night stops.
I have not yet heard any horror stories about the van travel companies.
I think most of them are DEFRA approved.
I can only describe what I have personally observed, as one who cares about these things, and no more.
Whichever way you choose things could go wrong, so its down to the owners to do what they think is best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.