The Alhambra.

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:19 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Alhambra.

Ive got my parents heading over in about 10 days and im thinking of taking them to see The Alhambra whilst they are here. Granada is just a 2 and a half hour drive from here. So can make a day trip of it.

Ive never been myself at all. And not even exactly sure of what it is. I have heard it is really good

Has anyone been? Can anyone provide any tips and things I should know? I know you should book tickets beforehand as they only allow so many in. Where do I go to do this? Because there are only so many authorised letting agents that can do it.

Cheers
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Alhambra.

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Ive got my parents heading over in about 10 days and im thinking of taking them to see The Alhambra whilst they are here. Granada is just a 2 and a half hour drive from here. So can make a day trip of it.

Ive never been myself at all. And not even exactly sure of what it is. I have heard it is really good

Has anyone been? Can anyone provide any tips and things I should know? I know you should book tickets beforehand as they only allow so many in. Where do I go to do this? Because there are only so many authorised letting agents that can do it.

Cheers

Suggest you get this moved to the main forum.

Highly recommend the visit to Alhambra it is absolutely fantastic. We went in September and it was very busy, do not know what the situation is at this time of year. We could not get tickets in advance so went and queued patiently but were only offered a visit to the gardens when we asked if we could book for the following day we were told no. The following day we got there at 8.30 and queued yet again and after about an hour they announced that there were only a set number of tickets left. They also mentioned that it was possible to purchase the tickets via a credit card machine which would ensure that you would get one of those tickets. Graham dashed off and did this, it cost slightly more but well worth it, still had to remain in the queue but at least we knew that we would get in. Not sure whether this facility is available all of the time there or whether it only comes into operation when there is a limited number of tickets left but it is well worth investigating when you get there.

So the answer seems to be to get there very early in the morning and queue.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

You used to be able to buy them in advance at BBVA banks but I notice La Caixa now advertises them as well.

Try here
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
You used to be able to buy them in advance at BBVA banks but I notice La Caixa now advertises them as well.

Try here
I just went along on the day. They have two queues, one for the prepaid tickets and one for buy on the day. Its true you need to be there early, but we got there around 10 and got in easily. I heard they allocate a new set of tickets for the afternoon session as well.

I tried to buy them on line but found that the links kept on dropping out
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:47 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

or Alhambra site and tickets direct here
http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/
Book now to avoid disappointment!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

spanishfamily is on a distinguished road

We have the advance tickets procedure for the Alhambra in the Andalucia holidays section of our website (link below!)
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I went I was told by a local to turn up at 9 and try and get a preview entrance.

I did this and low and behold it worked, and we wondered around as the only ones there.

Not sure if they allow it every day or if we were just coincidently lucky but its worth a bash.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

The Alhambra and Granada are both truly stunning! We went in September and booked our tickets in advance on the internet from
www.alhambra-tickets.es
This was the web address on the ayuntamiento webpage. This also lists all other ways of gaining entrance. I am glad we pre-booked because we didn´t have to queue, you just go to a machine at the entrance and it prints out your tickets. Very easy and straightforward! A friend of ours from Granada was very insistent we should try to get tickets beforehand, as he knew of many people who had been disappointed.
If you have morning tickets, later on in the day it is so worth going up to the Albaicín and the Mirador San Nicolas to watch the sun setting over the Alhambra. The colours are truly spectacular! I´m not sure how old your parents are, but it´s quite a steep hike up to both the Alhambra and the Albaicín. However, there are excellent little shuttle buses which rattle round the steep streets at break -neck speed, which cost less than a euro.
The only disappointing thing is the lions from the very famous patio have been taken away for a good clean up and some restoration work and won´t be back in place until December this year!
I hope you all enjoy your day trip, I wish I was going too!
Attached Thumbnails The Alhambra.-fotos-importadas-00278.jpg   The Alhambra.-fotos-importadas-00385.jpg   The Alhambra.-fotos-importadas-00404.jpg   The Alhambra.-fotos-importadas-00391.jpg   The Alhambra.-fotos-importadas-00418.jpg  

Last edited by Cielito Lindo; Mar 20th 2008 at 5:57 pm. Reason: added a bit
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:47 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga

Cheers
You are 2 hours away from the Alhambra and you haven't been?.. You are in for a treat!! Check out the Sierra Nevada too, I wouldn't bother with Granada if I was you..
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Two_In_Spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cielito Lindo
The Alhambra and Granada are both truly stunning! We went in September and booked our tickets in advance on the internet from
www.alhambra-tickets.es
This was the web address on the ayuntamiento webpage. This also lists all other ways of gaining entrance. I am glad we pre-booked because we didn´t have to queue, you just go to a machine at the entrance and it prints out your tickets. Very easy and straightforward! A friend of ours from Granada was very insistent we should try to get tickets beforehand, as he knew of many people who had been disappointed.
If you have morning tickets, later on in the day it is so worth going up to the Albaicín and the Mirador San Nicolas to watch the sun setting over the Alhambra. The colours are truly spectacular! I´m not sure how old your parents are, but it´s quite a steep hike up to both the Alhambra and the Albaicín. However, there are excellent little shuttle buses which rattle round the steep streets at break -neck speed, which cost less than a euro.
The only disappointing thing is the lions from the very famous patio have been taken away for a good clean up and some restoration work and won´t be back in place until December this year!
I hope you all enjoy your day trip, I wish I was going too!
A couple of excellent links - we're planning to go soon, and are looking forward to it!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Not this one then?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

http://www.alhambradegranada.org/gui...ntradas_en.asp

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:08 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.

Thanks ever so much for all your replies. the place looks amazing. The problem i have is that the website wont let me go back to March to book the tickets, as the only day we can go is the 31st. It looks like the 1st april is sold out (but cant go then as they fly home)

So might have to postpone it for the next time they come. Grr. Nevermind im sure itll still be there next year hehe. They are coming again in the summer but it'll be too hot up there for them then.

Ill keep teh page bookmarked

Thanks again!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have pre booked our tickets on the recoomendation of a friend who tried twice last summer to "walk in" and never made it. Very disappointing.

You can book for the morning or afternoon at a cost of 13E for the whole visit. Apparently if you only want to see the gardens you can just stroll on in as they are municipal?

Hope you can make it next time we are looking forward to visiting on the 2nd April.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.