Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Albunol, whats it like?

Albunol, whats it like?

Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:11 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Albunol, whats it like?

Hi all,
Just like to ask for opinions on what Albunol is like to live. Have been looking at property on the internet, and checked out the Ayuntamieto site. It appears very social and family orientated which appeals to us.

pwwm, I noticed that you are from that area. I would be grateful for your opinion. Can see by the Ayunatmiento site that there is a fair size beach there and at La Rabita, and that there is quite a busy social agenda which is very family orientated. That would suit us as we hope to have lots of visits from our grown children and our 5 grandsons. What is it like, and how have you settled in there?

Anyone who can enlighten us? As always, many thanks
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albunol, whats it like?

Hi Chrisw

So much I could tell you, we have been here almost four years and very settled. Things are changing here for the better I might add, a lot of money is being spent on the roads, new squares etc etc. Trees been lanted new street lighting etc etc.
The locals are wonderful very very welcoming, I think all who have settled or have holiday homes would agree. No too many expats here compared to other areas.
I am about to pm you will more details.

pwwm
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:29 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Albunol, whats it like?

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Chrisw

So much I could tell you, we have been here almost four years and very settled. Things are changing here for the better I might add, a lot of money is being spent on the roads, new squares etc etc. Trees been lanted new street lighting etc etc.
The locals are wonderful very very welcoming, I think all who have settled or have holiday homes would agree. No too many expats here compared to other areas.
I am about to pm you will more details.

pwwm
Thanks pwwm, very much appreciated!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

You are most welcome. Look forward to speaking to you.

pwwm
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pwwm,
Where've you been? Tried to contact you via the old thread (Spanish Documentary...)
My apologies to chrisW for posting this on your thread, but I thought you also might find this of interest.
"Rutas por Espana" (TVE internacional) is on Sunday lunchtime (12 noonish, I think, Spain time/11am GMTish), and, typically, last Sunday, was about Cordoba to Granada, etc.
This Sunday will be about La Rioja area.
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Carol

Still here as you see, but many thanks for the info, shame about last week, but I am sure it will be repeated. nice talking to you again. How are things?

pwwm
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pwwm,
Nice to talk again! Things are fine here... Just doing the laundry!
What is the latest news on the new motorway? How far have they built beyond Almunecar? Near Salobrena yet?
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Carol

Thay have just opened a new strecth from Nerja to La Herradura, one of the bridges from the end of that stretch to Almunecar is still not up.
Our end near us for the Adra part is coming on well, the bridge near (well 6kms away) us has been spanned and it appears they are doing the connection at Adra now.
Not holding my breath re the Almunecar bit just yet.

pwwm

Last edited by pwwm; Mar 10th 2007 at 3:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi pwwm,
This new motorway will make the journey from Malaga to Granada province (coastal) a breeze. Do you have any news about the old sugar factory/
refinery at Salobrena? The new motorway, I believe, would bypass Salobrena, cutting across the pueblos at the foot of the sierra - oh, I can't remember the names of these places! Old age, or too much ironing!
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Chaps

I think the factory is still standing, the tenders have all been given out for the stretch between myself and Motril but not started yet.

You are quite right is is going north of Motril then joining up again at Castell de Ferro, where there is a short segment already. It will be so much easier running to Malaga if we need to let alone just "popping" along to Motril or Almunecar. I am sure the truck drivers cannot wait.

pwwm
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:45 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Smile Re: Albunol, whats it like?

Originally Posted by pwwm
You are most welcome. Look forward to speaking to you.

pwwm
Hi all,
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you pwwm, took me HOURS to figure out how to find the pics, but did so eventually! It took forever to figure out how to register but have now done so. Actually feeling quire "geeky" now! . I wil reply on other site asap, but, and wait for this,
IT HASN'T RAINED FOR 2 DAYS!
No, honest, it's true, I swear to you! So have been in the garden, (as you do) and therefore fell asleep in the chair (as you do!) so thought now that I' am all rested up I would reply.
The pics were very nice, the sunset looks glorious! Albunol looks very nice, old, quaint and as you say friendly. Just what we like. Will get back to you soon, just want to catch up on todays treads! once again, thanks for the info!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Chrisw

Nice to hear back, it is all you have said and more

pwwm
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for keeping me up to date with local info, pwwm!
Carol