Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

airport transfer companies

airport transfer companies

Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default airport transfer companies

I have used the same company many times & they have been punctual, polite, reliable etc.

However, this morning at the prearranged time they did not turn up. I emailed them but made the mistake of googling them & their reviews are pants, like real pants!!!

Anyway, I won't name them in case there was a natural disaster I wasn't aware of & give them a chance to compensate me for finding an alternative at 30 mins notice at 3am!!!

Just be warned that if you have a transfer booked you have something else up your sleeve.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: airport transfer companies

Could you name and shame (by PM) as I seem to recall you are in the Denia area, which is where my holiday flat is.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

pm on its way.

The company at least emailed me with an excuse which is more than the reviews suggest I may get.

Anyone using a transfer out of hours get an alternative up your sleeve, I've been so lucky they have always showed up in the past.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poolboy
pm on its way.

The company at least emailed me with an excuse which is more than the reviews suggest I may get.

Anyone using a transfer out of hours get an alternative up your sleeve, I've been so lucky they have always showed up in the past.
Maybe you weren't "lucky", you just got the normal service they provide and people haven't bothered putting up a decent review? Have you posted a review when you've used them in the past and had good service? If not you're probably in the silent majority. Problem with these review sites are that people are quick to complain but not as quick to praise or even just say the service was adequate. How many transfers a year do you think they do, and how many bad reviews were there? Take that as a percentage, and see what percentage it is.

Car hire firms are the same, they hire millions of cars every year and because there are over 500 complaints, their reputation is slaughtered, but actually that 500 represents only a small percentage of customers. And even then it's usually about terms and conditions which, whilst are sometimes a bit dodgy regarding extra insurance or whatever, fact is they're very cheap so I think people expect the world for next to nothing.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

pm on its way.

If it wasnt for the wide area our members are over, it would be almost worth having a car pool thread
We have a local facebook site that people often ask on
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

Actually the company may well provide 100000s of timely transfers but that is what people pay for & expect. I paid the asking price for a transfer & it did not happen. I had to source an alternative as I had a plane to catch.

In this case the transfer company claim they were there & I was not!!! well I was there so I know who is telling the truth.

The post was informative to anyone taking a transfer to have an alternative up their sleeve. I have taken many transfers at the same place/time/company & was caught out - be warned.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

The post was informative to anyone taking a transfer to have an alternative up their sleeve. I have taken many transfers at the same place/time/company & was caught out - be warned.
Wherever I've lived in Spain I've always used the local taxi service. They've never let me down no matter what time of day