Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Airport security. Has anyone notice big changes?

Airport security. Has anyone notice big changes?

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:28 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airport security. Has anyone notice big changes?

I was just wondering if anyone has had any long delays or problems with airport security.

More and more people are chekcing in online, and leaving the minimum amount of time to get through security, have things changed?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport security. Has anyone notice big changes?

I came through Newcastle this morning, it took ages but that's due to understaffing - didn't notice any real changes in level of thoroughness.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:19 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I was just wondering if anyone has had any long delays or problems with airport security.

More and more people are chekcing in online, and leaving the minimum amount of time to get through security, have things changed?
Having just been to the UK and back, the day we left Málaga was when it was snowy in the UK so lots of delays (22nd Dec). We had a 4 hour delay, but the security was appalling. I checked my bags in which were overweight, but nothing was said, I went thru security, not only with all my make up, etc, but I also forgot that I had a half full two litre bottle of coke in my big bag which went thru - no problem, lucky really seeing we had to sit around for 4 hours and nothing is cheap airside at Málaga!

On the way back yesterday from gatwick, again it was relatively easy. Didnt have to take our shoes off, make up still in my hand lugguage, no big deal when I set of the alarm thing with my belt - in fact I got the impression both ways, that they simply wanted to get us out asap!

Jo xxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In a cardboard box soon if I dont find anywhere to rent!
sparkplug will become famous soon enoughsparkplug will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Having just been to the UK and back, the day we left Málaga was when it was snowy in the UK so lots of delays (22nd Dec). We had a 4 hour delay, but the security was appalling. I checked my bags in which were overweight, but nothing was said, I went thru security, not only with all my make up, etc, but I also forgot that I had a half full two litre bottle of coke in my big bag which went thru - no problem, lucky really seeing we had to sit around for 4 hours and nothing is cheap airside at Málaga!

On the way back yesterday from gatwick, again it was relatively easy. Didnt have to take our shoes off, make up still in my hand lugguage, no big deal when I set of the alarm thing with my belt - in fact I got the impression both ways, that they simply wanted to get us out asap!

Jo xxxx
Maybe they just wanted rid of the loud blonde????
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:03 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

Ah you mean the slow and the stupid? God loves 'em, why else would he make so many?

Almost every time I go there is some tw*t who has cut it too fine, and another clutch who haven't read the weight and size restrictions, and all of them whining away. Quite often they point me to the scales with my home made handluggage, but every time I am on the button with the weight, and it fits perfectly into the holders.

I then watch the idiots with oversize hand luggage who have not been spotted, learn just why there are size restrictions as they madly hammer them into the spaces provided. Personally if I were one of the stewards I'd chuck their oversized crap onto the tarmac for the sweepers to deal with.

Our flight was damn nearly delayed because the retards took so long.