airport runs!

Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: airport runs!

Originally Posted by Econ
It might be on the news and they might talk about the crisis but they have no idea of what is really happening * until * it smacks them in the face. I know of a few families who though that 'Basically' what Zapatero was doing was great, his 400 euros returns, his ideas, he will ward off the crisis etc. etc. 'Zapatero the saviour!', I tried to explain.... now two of these families are in dire problems, what changed in 3 months? sadly it just wasn't sinking in (OK a single example but I have seen many others similar, some as sad, others not so bad)...

sorry but you are wrong, I can say the same... 'Sometimes I wonder what world people live in', most of them have no idea of what is really going on.

BTW, where do you live cricketman?

Sorry to have wandered off topic
There are many British families hit by the crisis too - and American ones and Ukrainians, even Chinese I would guess many of them would be hard pressed to find an explanation for their economic circumstance.

I'm a fan of ZP, the PP are pure evil imo (almost as bad as the tories!) Spain isnt suffering any more than any other country in the world and I'm not sure what ZP could have done to cahnge where they are now. Spanish unemployment is always v.high in bad times.

btw I live in Benalmadena Pueblo tho I'm not sure what that has to do with it, except you maybe looking for a reason why my experience is differnt to yours? . But I have friends and family all over Spain
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
There are many British families hit by the crisis too - and American ones and Ukrainians, even Chinese I would guess many of them would be hard pressed to find an explanation for their economic circumstance.

btw I live in Benalmadena Pueblo tho I'm not sure what that has to do with it, except you maybe looking for a reason why my experience is differnt to yours? . But I have friends and family all over Spain
You are obviously not reading what I am saying and turning it into what you want to understand from it. I am not saying the Spanish have trouble explaining their economic circumstances not that no one else is going through it! I am saying they don't truly understand what is happening and what impact the 'crisis' is going to have on them.

I'm a fan of ZP, the PP are pure evil imo (almost as bad as the tories!) Spain isnt suffering any more than any other country in the world and I'm not sure what ZP could have done to cahnge where they are now.
Kinda says it all

BTW, Zapatero didn't accept Spain was heading for crisis until it bit him in the face, a lot of other people where talking about it including the PP... but Z just didn't want to know, maybe if he did he could have done something to help ease it before it was actually happening 'or starting to happen' big time, but then again he is a bit of a lost cause so you are probably right, he probably couldn't have done anything about it.

Last edited by Econ; Jul 6th 2009 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Econ;7728615]I am saying they don't truly understand what is happening and what impact the 'crisis' is going to have on them.

Well that is true. Hands up anyone who does tuly understand the state of the economy? If you do, why havent you made yourself rich out of it yet!?

I suggest you dont mock other peoples political opinions, its not polite!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cricketman;7728632]
I am saying they don't truly understand what is happening and what impact the 'crisis' is going to have on them.

Well that is true. Hands up anyone who does tuly understand the state of the economy? If you do, why havent you made yourself rich out of it yet!?

I suggest you dont mock other peoples political opinions, its not polite!
WAWOT!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cricketman;7728632]
Hands up anyone who does tuly understand the state of the economy?
the cause of the crisis / credit-crunch was simple enough: risk was incorrectly priced (too low). There, now I've explained it.

Any more questions?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hands up anyone who does tuly understand the state of the economy?
Pete, I don't know how you got that text into a quote from me but I didn't write it, you can give credit for that line to cricketman please.

Last edited by Econ; Jul 6th 2009 at 6:37 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You guys think you're clever, but you are simpletons!

Understanding the economy means being able to predict where it may be in maybe this time next year. If you understand that and you've got the balls, put your money where your mouth is and win yourself an island in the pacific by trading currency or shares etc.

If not, then dont go shouting your mouth off about how well you know the economy and how other people are stupid when all you've done is read the Daily Mail.

Sorry this unpleasantness is catching. I have to say everyone has been pretty horrible on this forum today Maybe its the heat
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

errm

taxi home anyone
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

You guys think you're clever, but you are simpletons!

Understanding the economy means being able to predict where it may be in maybe this time next year. If you understand that and you've got the balls, put your money where your mouth is and win yourself an island in the pacific by trading currency or shares etc.

If not, then dont go shouting your mouth off about how well you know the economy and how other people are stupid when all you've done is read the Daily Mail.

Sorry this unpleasantness is catching. I have to say everyone has been pretty horrible on this forum today Maybe its the heat
Cricket man, no one is trying to be clever except you, your last two posts clearly tell me you either have not read properly, do not or cannot understand what I have said, in other words 'what a waste of time'.

The only person who is not being polite here is you, you also are the one who is mocking other people opinions... not me, read what was said, digest it and then maybe you will understand what was being said and not grab, twist and transform it into a misunderstood conclusion that is no comparison.

Sorry to have taken this so far off topic people but I really didn't mean to.

Last edited by Econ; Jul 6th 2009 at 6:37 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
errm

taxi home anyone
I could cram at least a dozen in the capota plus the (not) legal 4 passengers in the cab....... 30€ a pop, anyone?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've re-read your posts and still disagree with the sentiment of them i.e.
1. many spanish people are igorant as they dont even know the economy is in crisis
2. that ZP made a mess of the situation and is somehow to blame

The point I was trying to make is I dont think Spanish people are any more ignorant that any other nationality and that ZP isnt any more to blame than any other politician in the western world

There, we can get back to discussing illegal taxis again!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I could cram at least a dozen in the capota plus the (not) legal 4 passengers in the cab....... 30€ a pop, anyone?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:53 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Spain was in trouble long before the credit crunch. I agree with what Econ is saying.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

mrs-mop is on a distinguished road

If you live where we live it can be a nightmare to get a legal taxi to pick you up, especially early in the morning and when they get to you you already have 20€ on the clockand 45€ by the time you get to the airport. Then on the way back half the time they get lost and the fare is in excess of what it should be. That is if you actually get there alive, half of them must be training for F1, they obviously aren´t worried about being fined by the Guardia!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It used to cost £70 to get a taxi from the airport in London and take over half an hour. I'm very happy to pay 30 euros for the 15 min journey back home in Spain (the distance is actually greater). Good value especially given they have to queue up for ages to get passengers some times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.