Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Airlines that take pets from Spain to UK.

Airlines that take pets from Spain to UK.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Airlines that take pets from Spain to UK.

Im taking my cat back at the end of Sep and I only know of Monarch that take cats back to the UK, Man and Gatwick only at £395.

Are there any companies I can try that perhaps do this cheaper.?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airlines that take pets from Spain to UK.

Originally Posted by spainboy
Im taking my cat back at the end of Sep and I only know of Monarch that take cats back to the UK, Man and Gatwick only at £395.

Don't know about the price

http://www.jets4pets.com/
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

I think these people just do all the donkey work for you and charge you about £300 on top. Im sure ive emailed them before. I really need to be looking either a direct airline or cheap by road.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:48 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas Cook do it in the winter months, but most airlines will refer you to a shipping agent - I did have the names of a few of them, but I think I threw them out!! The Thomas cook one was called "lady ????? something" - I did try to do it direct with them as my two daughters are cabin crew for them and my son in law is a pilot for them and thought they could help organise it - but no!!! Have you tried BA?? they used to do it???

jo xxx
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds a ridiculous amount.

Iberia do it but I dont recommend them for animal care and I think your cat will always remember the journey.Much TLC and everything else after.

Ive done this but at least there is no quarantine now.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

I think these people just do all the donkey work for you and charge you about £300 on top. Im sure ive emailed them before. I really need to be looking either a direct airline or cheap by road.

No such thing as a cheap way of getting a cat or dog in to the UK by air.
If you look on the DEFRA website you will find a list of Spanish airlines and airports for the animal to travel from and airports to enter the UK.
As far as I know all will direct you to a freight handling company (list also on website) who will handle all the documentation, advise on how to calculate size of crate etc.
I have never paid less than 450 pounds on a plane for a small dog.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what this means? is it per day / week / year?

From DEFRA website

24 May 2010 – The European Parliament and Council have advised that numbers of dogs, cats and ferrets entering from one EU Member State into another will be limited to 5 as of 26th May 2010. Currently, there are no limits on the number of pets that may be moved within the EU, but as of 26th May 2010 this limit will be enforced and is applicable to all pets entering into the UK and also those leaving the UK for EU destinations. A limit of 5 pets is already enforced for entries of animals from listed non-EU countries.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

fawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

From DEFRA website

24 May 2010 – The European Parliament and Council have advised that numbers of dogs, cats and ferrets entering from one EU Member State into another will be limited to 5 as of 26th May 2010. Currently, there are no limits on the number of pets that may be moved within the EU, but as of 26th May 2010 this limit will be enforced and is applicable to all pets entering into the UK and also those leaving the UK for EU destinations. A limit of 5 pets is already enforced for entries of animals from listed non-EU countries.
It seems to be a limit of pets per person

The maximum number of all types of pet animals (not only rabbits and rodents) each person may bring into the EU from most non-EU listed countries is 5. This rule does not apply to animals brought from Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the Vatican. For details of transporting more than 5 animals into the EU from countries except those named in the previous sentence contact Animal Health (formerly State Veterinary Service) International Animal Health Division on 01245 454860 or by e-mail: [email protected].
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:54 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

From DEFRA website

As I understood it, it was per person ....... er, maximum 5 animals per owner, per trip. My friend has 2 dogs and 6 cats and is preparing to take them back in two batches!!!

As for costs, all the quotes I received were in the region of 1000€ for 2 small dogs. Even to have a company drive them both was nearly 700€

Jo xxx
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look in free beer for an alternative ... van company carries pets according to their van signage
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I know ferries cant fly but I think Brittany dont charge any extra for cats and dogs
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rotor
I know ferries cant fly but I think Brittany dont charge any extra for cats and dogs

AFAIK Brittany Ferries do charge for pets on all their routes.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
AFAIK Brittany Ferries do charge for pets on all their routes.
Your right, seems like its around 40 quid per animal each way , not bad if you need to take a car ,I suppose you could even go as a foot passenger and get the total price right down.

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ive found a road transport company that was recommended to me last year called L&S transport. He quoted me £300 for the cat, a huge box and my guitar. Door to door.
Bargain!! Im gonna go for that.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

your best idea is to contact a reputable cattery/kennel/vet and ask their opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.