Age of expats?

Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

lucy1b1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Age of expats?

I am currently looking into moving abroad preferably Spain (hence me posting in this forum!) but I am only 16 (17 in March). Is it actually legal for me to move here? My family have a house in Granada so vacate here frequently. I am not looking for an office job or anything (my Spanish is nowhere good enough) but maybe something in a touristy place like waitressing, something which will cover my living expenses. Where are the best places to find work like this off peak?

Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age of expats?

Originally Posted by lucy1b1
I am currently looking into moving abroad preferably Spain (hence me posting in this forum!) but I am only 16 (17 in March). Is it actually legal for me to move here? My family have a house in Granada so vacate here frequently. I am not looking for an office job or anything (my Spanish is nowhere good enough) but maybe something in a touristy place like waitressing, something which will cover my living expenses. Where are the best places to find work like this off peak?

Lucy

Nothing stops you moving there if your folks are already there, in fact even if they were not you are perfectly within your rights to move there.
Granada has touristy areas so work will be available but since the expat community is not as large as other areas you will need some Spanish. If you have already been over there before do you not already have friends?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

No they don't live there it's a holiday home but my mam's friend lives there (that's why they bought a house there in the first place) I know Granada isn't touristy and I don't think my Spanish is good enough to live there yet so I was thinking of somewhere like Marbella or Benidorm. But how many places are open off season?

Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't live there it's a holiday home but my mam's friend lives there (that's why they bought a house there in the first place) I know Granada isn't touristy and I don't think my Spanish is good enough to live there yet so I was thinking of somewhere like Marbella or Benidorm. But how many places are open off season?

Lucy
Lots of places are open off season, none that i would work in but they are open.

Given a choice between the two i would vouch for Marbella, Benidorm is a hell hole, and at least Marbella has a little bit more of a kudos that "B"
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Ha! I know what you mean about Benidorm but at the min I'll take anything to find my feet. Then again I've heard Marbella gets filled with nasty rich people. So is it only horrible places that are open off season? Is it worth waiting until around May time?

Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:31 pm
Straw Man.

Ha! I know what you mean about Benidorm but at the min I'll take anything to find my feet. Then again I've heard Marbella gets filled with nasty rich people. So is it only horrible places that are open off season? Is it worth waiting until around May time?

Lucy
I would.
If you are willing to work further abroad i know people who hire in Palma in the summer.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, I'll let you know. Basically what occurs tomorrow determines whats going to happen (long story involving resigning, notice and a sick note).

Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:38 pm
Straw Man.

Thank you, I'll let you know. Basically what occurs tomorrow determines whats going to happen (long story involving resigning, notice and a sick note).

Lucy
Well good luck and PM me if you want.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy
Lucy are you planning on going to these places on your own or are you going to do it with friends?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I would.
If you are willing to work further abroad i know people who hire in Palma in the summer.

I would be more comfortable if someone pointed her to trustworthy people rather than her arriving somewhere where she knows no one.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:15 am
Just Joined

I'm planning on going by myself.

My situation so far is that I hate my job, my boss is a bully and I have been holding back handing in my resignation because i'm contracted to give 4 weeks notice (something which I don't think i'm fit to do). But i've made an appt at the docs which is at 2:45 today and if I can get a sick note (not hard since i am really stressed about the bullying and have a family history of depression etc) I am going to hand it in with my resignation.

Yet another good reason to move, I will undoubtedly get a bad reference.

I know what I just explained was very personal but I just thought it would help if you knew my current situation

Lucy

P.S I am not usually depressive and I have no doubt that when I leave this job I will get back to normal and it will in no way hold me back in other jobs.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Okay, apart from not liking your boss, have you ever been to another country on your own before?

My situation so far is that I hate my job, my boss is a bully and I have been holding back handing in my resignation because i'm contracted to give 4 weeks notice (something which I don't think i'm fit to do). But i've made an appt at the docs which is at 2:45 today and if I can get a sick note (not hard since i am really stressed about the bullying and have a family history of depression etc) I am going to hand it in with my resignation.

I know what I just explained was very personal but I just thought it would help if you knew my current situation

Lucy

P.S I am not usually depressive and I have no doubt that when I leave this job I will get back to normal and it will in no way hold me back in other jobs.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Yup. I went to New York for 2 weeks on my own. Of course it's different to living there but being by myself kinda gave me that feeling. i only went over because my cousins father lives there so I took him over but didn't stay with them.

Lucy
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy

Hi lucy,
If you decide to go it alone please be careful as you are still very young and anything can happen. (sorry mother instinct kicking in )
Regarding getting a bad reference for a first reference they really are not allowed by law to give a bad one as i understand it. Unless you have done something major, i think the first think you need to do is get yourself feeling better with out the stress and take it from there.
but please be careful and think really hard before you act on anything.
Maybe write a good and bad list and take it from there.
xxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:46 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I would be more comfortable if someone pointed her to trustworthy people rather than her arriving somewhere where she knows no one.
and why are my friends not trustworthy pray tell!?

Who the hell are you to make a bloody judgement like that, un beleivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.