British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Aeromax subscribers ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/aeromax-subscribers-890108/)

Loco Pedro Jan 15th 2017 10:17 am

Aeromax subscribers ?

We've been with Aeromax (ISP) for several years and until a few months ago had no complaints.
Now, their has service has deteriorated to the extent that our VOIP landline is so distorted as to be useless and we frequently lose our internet signal.
It's constantly necessary to reboot the Analogue Telephone Adaptor, either to retrieve the line and/or the internet feed.
Despite dozens of complaints via email and phone, they seem unable to resolve our problem.
I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar problems ?
Could it be a question of reduced bandwidth / greater number of clients ?

We live in the campo outside Pedreguer, near Denia so we're not exactly high on the priority list for fibre optic installation suppliers.
Our options are fairly limited, assuming we don't want to deal with Movistar - which we DON'T.

tony Jan 19th 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Aeromax subscribers ?

Yes same problem here , they were great for years , but now our phone line is poor , many complaints they seem to fix it for a day or so then it goes bad again

In saying that the internet is quite reliable

Loco Pedro Jan 20th 2017 7:48 am

Originally Posted by tony (Post 12156199)
Yes same problem here , they were great for years , but now our phone line is poor , many complaints they seem to fix it for a day or so then it goes bad again

In saying that the internet is quite reliable

Ah - that's interesting. What area are you in ?
Anywhere near Denia ?

tony Jan 20th 2017 10:27 am

No , I am miles away Agost near Alicante city,

It dose seem a shame because they were great in the past and they were the only ones who could offer an alternative to telifonica ( who were useless ! )

I am sure in time you will get some other providers , we now have 2 other companies here , but they are more expensive , to be honest I dont use the landline much so its not such a problem for me now , but still annoying to pay for something that dosent work well !

HeikeundAlan Jan 20th 2017 10:30 am

we only ever use aeromax for internet, been with them now 4 years i think, after ever real problem we always got a free month, have to say there customer service needs improving,

Loco Pedro Jan 20th 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by tony (Post 12156642)
No , I am miles away Agost near Alicante city,

It dose seem a shame because they were great in the past and they were the only ones who could offer an alternative to telifonica ( who were useless ! )

I am sure in time you will get some other providers , we now have 2 other companies here , but they are more expensive , to be honest I dont use the landline much so its not such a problem for me now , but still annoying to pay for something that dosent work well !

Oh well, if you can't get any result - being virtually on their doorstep - I've got no chance.

17polarbear May 17th 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan (Post 12156645)
we only ever use aeromax for internet, been with them now 4 years i think, after ever real problem we always got a free month, have to say there customer service needs improving,

Hi. I have also been with them for around 5 years now, introduced lots of new clients... however, this is the first time I've heard of recompense following problems, can you tell me how that was achieved?

17polarbear May 17th 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Loco Pedro (Post 12156674)
Oh well, if you can't get any result - being virtually on their doorstep - I've got no chance.

Why not take out a new Tarrif that doesn't include voip?

Portwey Aug 6th 2017 10:19 am

Aeromax gave what they called 6mb, useless for IPTV as the fluctuation was unbelievable. They then said if I paid for 10 i should get 6 !!!! However i did agree and for 1 month perfection, for the following 6 months constant problems with speeds as low as 1 or 2 MB but still paying for 10.
I live in the Campo of Guardamar, has anyone advise, I do have a landline (copper on poles) but it has not been in use for several years.

Rosemary Aug 6th 2017 10:21 am

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

HeikeundAlan Aug 6th 2017 4:00 pm

hiya portwen
well we in the campo near you, so be watching to see if you find any that will give you a better service. for the Tv we got ourself a large dish.

BeachReady Feb 26th 2018 7:25 am

I have just signed up with AeroMax from a company called InfoAltea. I was less than two days in before I lost my connection. After resetting everything several times and waiting for a few hours I decided to call the support number I was given only to find AeroMax shut over the weekend!
The recorded message told me their opening hours are Monday to Friday 9-6! What type of ISP shuts over the weekend? So if you are looking to use this for business and it goes down during their closing hours you are screwed basically.
Im genuinely shocked that in this day and age a company that supplies internet to possibly thousands of people actually work only 9 hours a day 5 days a week and offer no other means of support.

Its absolutely crazy. I wish I had known this before parting with almost €260!

HeikeundAlan Feb 26th 2018 8:29 pm

well sorry to say we have finaly left them, we have had years of good service,but latly more bad then ever, but now they at last have a facebook page that answers quickly. They have some new mast and recruiting new customers with some deals.

BeachReady Feb 27th 2018 2:52 am

The Facebook page is a good idea as the feedback and comments are public so everyone can see.

What they need to invest in is more customer service reps and tech support agents that work out of hours and from what you have said it sounds like they need a better infrastructure.

The deal I signed up with says there is no minimum contract so Im free to leave anytime from what I can gather although the engineer did say there was a 14 day cool off period which I dont understand if there is no contract?

Im back online for the moment, it was off most of Sunday. I will continue to test it for the time being and see how it goes. Where I am located I can only get ADSL for the time being although there are plans for fiber to be installed in the coming months. I will try and hold out for that :)