Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus 'hospitality'

Aer Lingus 'hospitality'

Old Dec 24th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aer Lingus 'hospitality'

Anyone else on the LGW-AGP Aer Lingus yesterday morning? Son#1 was - cancelled, no info ref rights etc, left airport, drove halfway home, text to say replacement flight in a couple of hourse, voucher for €8 for meal couldn't be used because they were only allowed 10g !!!!!! of pretzels or shortbread & a cup of juice - yes ok they got here but omg? - hospitality is NOT the word!!!!!
Currently planning viral youtube campaign showing voucher with pic of pretzel pack!!! (maybe)
Old Dec 24th 2010, 3:34 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aer Lingus 'hospitality'

Was this in the U.K. or Spain?

From my experience of obtaining a food voucher. It has nothing to do with the airline but the place you choose to eat in.
I was in Terminal 4 in Madrid and flying with Iberia. I was told that the voucher could be used at anywhere they served food. I could choose anything from McDs upwards. There was no limit on the amount on the voucher.
I choose somewhere where I could get a 3-course meal, and a drink.
I would rather have not have to use the voucher but it was welcomed, thank you to the EU for these regulations!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:33 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aer Lingus 'hospitality'

Originally Posted by fionamw
Anyone else on the LGW-AGP Aer Lingus yesterday morning? Son#1 was - cancelled, no info ref rights etc, left airport, drove halfway home, text to say replacement flight in a couple of hourse, voucher for €8 for meal couldn't be used because they were only allowed 10g !!!!!! of pretzels or shortbread & a cup of juice - yes ok they got here but omg? - hospitality is NOT the word!!!!!
Currently planning viral youtube campaign showing voucher with pic of pretzel pack!!! (maybe)
We flew Aer Lingus the night before last and due to the delay were given a voucher on which there were a list of restaurants/cafes we could trade it in at. Due to th fact it was gone midnight there was only one of the places still open, but we were able to buy a few bottles of coke and some cakes!

I really like Aer Lingus, they kept us informed throughout our delay and understood what was going on! In fact I think the morning flight had been cancelled initially because the plane had a technical fault so it didnt leave Ireland (It comes from "knock" Ireland, goes to Gatwick and then on to Malaga)on time and the delay carried on throughout the day, hense our flight was late

Jo xxxxx