Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year olds

Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year olds

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Trishc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year olds

Hi all, we are looking at moving out to the area between Alicante and Valencia, possibly somewhere around Javea, Denia area and I looking for some advice :-) we have three children aged 8, 5 and 1. We are hoping to locate around a good school, I was thinking international school first, but am leaning more towards state schooling now. Any advice welcome. My 8 year old is borderline dyslexic but is a very bright little girl
Thanks in advance
Trish
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 24th 2015, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year

Originally Posted by Trishc
Hi all, we are looking at moving out to the area between Alicante and Valencia, possibly somewhere around Javea, Denia area and I looking for some advice :-) we have three children aged 8, 5 and 1. We are hoping to locate around a good school, I was thinking international school first, but am leaning more towards state schooling now. Any advice welcome. My 8 year old is borderline dyslexic but is a very bright little girl
Thanks in advance
Trish
Hi Trish,

your children are a similar age to ours when we came 12 years ago

they went through the normal state school ok , one thing that took us by surprise was the fact that a lot of the lessons were in Valenciano , local language, which we went to happy about because in global terms it is not widely spoken , making its usefulness outside the area limited .

In saying that it is useful it you end up staying here !

My son had some learning difficulty adhd , I dont think the school catered too well for his needs and did struggle a bit ( he was 8 when starting )

Any way good luck with your move ,
I feel it is a nice place for kids to grow up here and have no regrets

Tony Agost Alicante
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on schools and living areas please between Alicante and Valencia8, 5 year

Originally Posted by tony
Hi Trish,

they went through the normal state school ok , one thing that took us by surprise was the fact that a lot of the lessons were in Valenciano , local language, which we went to happy about because in global terms it is not widely spoken , making its usefulness outside the area limited .

My son had some learning difficulty adhd , I dont think the school catered too well for his needs and did struggle a bit ( he was 8 when starting )

Tony Agost Alicante
If you don't mind me asking, what do your children do now Tony?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you for the welcome Rosemary, very excited and also a little nervous so hopefully will get the confidence I need here!!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tony
Hi Trish,

Tony Agost Alicante
Thank you Tony :-)
Old Mar 24th 2015, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=cricketman;11600899]If you don't mind me asking, what do your children do now Tony?[/QUOTE

They are both in further education studying in Alicante

Tony