Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on renting my house please.

Advice on renting my house please.

Old Jan 9th 2015, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on renting my house please.

Can anybody on the forum advise me...
I have a house that I want to rent out for holiday lets, I believe I have to register the house with LAU, how do I do this? Does anybody know who they are and how I can contact them ? I've asked at my local town hall and they don't seem to know what I am talking about.
I've noticed in the passed other members have mentioned LAU.
Any advice will be gratefully received.

thank you
Old Jan 9th 2015, 8:10 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on renting my house please.

Originally Posted by Manclass
Can anybody on the forum advise me...
I have a house that I want to rent out for holiday lets, I believe I have to register the house with LAU, how do I do this? Does anybody know who they are and how I can contact them ? I've asked at my local town hall and they don't seem to know what I am talking about.
I've noticed in the passed other members have mentioned LAU.
Any advice will be gratefully received.

thank you
Firstly, LAU stands for "Ley de Arrendamientos Urbanos" which is simply "rental law" - not a company or organization.

The people you need to talk to are the tourist office for the town where the house is. I'm surprised the town hall were not more helpful - could it have been a language problem?

Also, it's not quite about registering - well it is, but you need to have them come and inspect the property etc. etc.

Some areas (Valencia for example - which includes Alicante, Valencia and castellon) don't require a licence so you don't need to inform anyone.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Snikpoh.

I will be going down to the tourist office first thing on Monday morning...
Old Jan 12th 2015, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

No luck with the tourist office this morning, they didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I said I wanted to let my house for holiday lets and could they explain what I needed to do.. She didn't know, she said we are just a tourist office and to phone the tourist office in Granada to see if they could advise me ( we are on the Granada coast ) , Phoned Granada they also didn't know what I was talking about and recommended I went to an agent that deals with holiday houses, as I want to rent the house myself and advertise online this wasn't very helpful.. Stuck now, not sure where to go from here......... HELP.......
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:35 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Try CAB on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/citizensinspain/

Suzi
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manclass
No luck with the tourist office this morning, they didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I said I wanted to let my house for holiday lets and could they explain what I needed to do.. She didn't know, she said we are just a tourist office and to phone the tourist office in Granada to see if they could advise me ( we are on the Granada coast ) , Phoned Granada they also didn't know what I was talking about and recommended I went to an agent that deals with holiday houses, as I want to rent the house myself and advertise online this wasn't very helpful.. Stuck now, not sure where to go from here......... HELP.......
Just ignore them all and go for it ...

I use ClickStay, HomeAway (my preferred) and Independent Owners. These sites simply advertise my property, take bookings etc. - the rest I do my self (key holding, cleaning etc.)
Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

This is more or less what I have decided to do, feel like I'm getting nowhere fast, wanted to go down the correct channels and do it properly but reach a dead end everywhere I try.. also I am concerned about all these news rules and regulations about letting your property for holiday lets that are supposed to be coming in this month sometime, from what I read it looks like as I am in AndalucĂ­a I am going to have to have a licence of some sort, goodness knows how that will work, more dead ends I suppose.