Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on quote from Gestoria.

Advice on quote from Gestoria.

Old Apr 24th 2016, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on quote from Gestoria.

Hi all. I've bought cars here, but this is the first I've sold. So I'm a bit green! I got a quote from a local Gestoria to handle it, the same guy that handled the purchase when I bought it. I'm a little vague on his email quote, and when I asked him to clarify I got no reply back (I guess he finished work early on the Friday!...at 10am!? )

I told him that that the buyer was travelling 400kms to buy it on the Saturday. So I wouldn't be able to come in until Monday for him to handle my paperwork. And that the buyer wouldn't be with me.

Here is his quote -
"Hola buenos dias, he mirado los derechos reales del vehiculo y pagaría 450 euros aproximadamente por los años que tiene el coche y la gestión de trafico serian 150 euros mas .
Y para poder hacer la transferencia yo me encargo de todo , tenenis que venir con el comprador del vehiculo y que traiga su carnet de identidad y ya esta y el vendedor el suyo."

I think the 450 bit is the transfer tax. Is that right? But isn't that the responsibility of the buyer?

I didnt hear back before the buyer got to me. The girl drove up to get the car, gave me the money, we filled out the contracts, gave receipts, copied her ID etc. And off she went.

Now here I am with a wad of cash....and feeling a bit unsure. So I needed an opinion on this. Is he asking me for the money for the transfer? Is it not possible to get Gestoria's to just handle the transfer on my side and not take the transfer tax money?

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on quote from Gestoria.

All sorted now. Managed to get a few helpful replies on facebook. Cheers.