Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on property in Malaga area

Advice on property in Malaga area

Old Jul 17th 2013, 2:25 am
  #31  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by stuboy
Spain seems to want to know a lot about ordinary folk like me who would like to do things legit.
To make sure that you are paying all your taxes

That doesnt apply to non-residents and especially not to non-EU non-residents
cricketman is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:11 pm
  #32  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 19,367
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by cricketman
The Russians use Spain as a money laundering centre

They bring money into the country and put it into property, Spain doesnt ask where it comes from, and it becomes hidden from the Russian authorities

Plenty of Russians and other nationalities buy in London for the same reasons
Erm, by definition, that's tax avoidance, not money laundering.
But I understand that to proclaim that anyone with any money, avoiding oppressive taxation is sinister generally suits you lefties who tend to believe the more tax, the merrier, which explains a lot about why the EU is amongst the highest taxed on earth.

By the way, Spain wants to know where all your money is and where it comes from. There have even been several long arguous threads about it.
amideislas is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:29 pm
  #33  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by amideislas
Erm, by definition, that's tax avoidance, not money laundering.
But I understand that to proclaim that anyone with any money, avoiding oppressive taxation is sinister generally suits you lefties who tend to believe the more tax, the merrier, which explains a lot about why the EU is amongst the highest taxed on earth.

By the way, Spain wants to know where all your money is and where it comes from. There have even been several long arguous threads about it.
I am not a lefty and do not believe that taxes should be higher

Spain wants to know where the money of tax residents come from, not non-residents

Many Russians are money laundering, the money they have in their accounts is often from ill-gotten criminal activity which countries like Spain and the UK ignore because it helps their economy

Christ even people like Abromovich are absolute criminals, both legally and morally, but the UK welcomes them with open arms because they have loads of money
cricketman is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:46 pm
  #34  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 19,367
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by cricketman
I am not a lefty and do not believe that taxes should be higher

Spain wants to know where the money of tax residents come from, not non-residents

Many Russians are money laundering, the money they have in their accounts is often from ill-gotten criminal activity which countries like Spain and the UK ignore because it helps their economy

Christ even people like Abromovich are absolute criminals, both legally and morally, but the UK welcomes them with open arms because they have loads of money
So buying a property in Spain isn't money laundering after all? Thank god for that.
amideislas is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:03 pm
  #35  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by amideislas
So buying a property in Spain isn't money laundering after all? Thank god for that.
I dont know how you came to that conclusion, fuzzy logic as usual?
cricketman is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:45 am
  #36  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 19,367
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Erm, maybe this?

Originally Posted by cricketman
The Russians use Spain as a money laundering centre

They bring money into the country and put it into property, Spain doesnt ask where it comes from, and it becomes hidden from the Russian authorities

Plenty of Russians and other nationalities buy in London for the same reasons
amideislas is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:29 am
  #37  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by amideislas
Erm, maybe this?
No, still dont see it
cricketman is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:40 am
  #38  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 19,367
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on property in Malaga area

Originally Posted by cricketman
No, still dont see it
Of course not. I wouldn't want to either. But I wouldn't insult peoples' intelligence by pretending it isn't obvious.
amideislas is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.