Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

advice please re UK tv in Spain

advice please re UK tv in Spain

Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:46 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please re UK tv in Spain

I belong to this group and they are people who will advise you on the best way to build your own cheap Internet TV Box... https://www.facebook.com/groups/iptvspain/
Old Sep 25th 2014, 5:32 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
I belong to this group and they are people who will advise you on the best way to build your own cheap Internet TV Box... https://www.facebook.com/groups/iptvspain/
That's nice, but you can buy one already made for €50, and it does a lot more than UK TV.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 5:42 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
That's nice, but you can buy one already made for €50, and it does a lot more than UK TV.
I know the group will tell you the best and cheapest one to get..and were to get backup service..
Old Sep 25th 2014, 6:32 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Thanks for that. The humax sounds like it ticks the boxes.

But again, I refuse to pay double for them just for the EPG software in them. Can you buy them in the €50 range? Or are they the usual €100 or more? That would be a deal-breaker.

Also, do they support a satellite switch thingy and can receive "normal" satellite signals from other satellites? (we have multiple dishes - for German & French TV). I can't remember the term but it starts with D.

tnx...
Erm - best price for them in the UK is about £90 - so I doubt you will get a brand new one for €50 !

Freesat software DOES NOT support disecq switching

Although on some models you could access a "hidden" menu to access such a thing, but that does not support freesat.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:38 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Erm - best price for them in the UK is about £90 - so I doubt you will get a brand new one for €50 !

Freesat software DOES NOT support disecq switching

Although on some models you could access a "hidden" menu to access such a thing, but that does not support freesat.
Well if it doesn't support other satellites, then it looks like I'm stuck with the old EPG - regardless of price. But it's not that big of an inconvenience really. The normal boxes work just fine.

You gotta love Freeview/Freesat. Good model, profitable business - and all for just a little piece of software. A good example of another "freebie" that we pay dearly for. And they've done a crackin job of marketing. Most people believe you can't receive UK TV without one.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I removed the larger dish from our roof in September as we thought we had sold the place. (Buyer pulled out one day before the sale) The main thing we watched was the Horror channel and some other UK programs with films.
We are in Malaga and my question is - are these channels still transmitted on the same beam as 3 months ago, and will they be moved to the new 2G sat, if so will they be receivable as before ie with a 1.35m O/S dish. If the answer is positive I will put the dish back on the roof.
Thanks in anticipation.
M
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:08 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
- are these channels still transmitted on the same beam as 3 months ago,
As far as I know, yes they are.

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
- and will they be moved to the new 2G sat, if so will they be receivable as before ie with a 1.35m O/S dish.
Yes the channels currently on Astra 2a and Eutelsat 28a will be moved to the new satellites...expected to be 2G.

Some sky pay channels on 2A have already been moved to 2Fs Europe beam..

As for reception, no one will know until it is operational... but it should be similar to existing satellites
Old Nov 16th 2014, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Thanks for the info, I will reinstall it over the next couple of days.
M
Old Nov 18th 2014, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok, Bunged it up, works a treat still.
Thanks for the info.
M
Old Nov 18th 2014, 4:42 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
As far as I know, yes they are.

Yes the channels currently on Astra 2a and Eutelsat 28a will be moved to the new satellites...expected to be 2G.

Some sky pay channels on 2A have already been moved to 2Fs Europe beam..

As for reception, no one will know until it is operational... but it should be similar to existing satellites
Does that mean those in the south and west of Spain and Portugal who have already lost BBC/ITV etc will now start to lose some Sky channels ??
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by EMR
Does that mean those in the south and west of Spain and Portugal who have already lost BBC/ITV etc will now start to lose some Sky channels ??
If those sky channels move tot he UK beam ,then yes.

See the UKTV group of channels like Dave HD Watch HD, that are sky pay channels, encrypted, but on the UK ebam
Old Nov 20th 2014, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I found this to be excellent for initial dish alignment after which I used Skype to tweak the alignment.
Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com