Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

advice please re UK tv in Spain

advice please re UK tv in Spain

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:39 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please re UK tv in Spain

Free Sky Sports.. http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-1-live-stream-free-1.php
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:03 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot get FREE sky sports " legally " without a subscription or now one of their day passes.
Where is the Catch ???
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

JB80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I suppose it beats paying to have it illegally.
Are the VPNs people subscribe to paying their royalties to sky?

The quality is rough, the streams are unstable but it's certainly a way you can watch a match or something. There are better free options but the catch is it is illegal.
You'd be pretty unlucky to get caught out though.

Last edited by JB80; Oct 24th 2013 at 8:16 am.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:17 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
You cannot get FREE sky sports " legally " without a subscription or now one of their day passes.
Where is the Catch ???
Why does there have to be a catch to everything.. We have lost ITV and BBC programes here so any free things help.. like Filmon. Or Hola unblocker for to unblock the BBC & ITV iplayers..

Last edited by tommy.irene; Oct 24th 2013 at 8:22 am.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 11:31 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Why does there have to be a catch to everything.. We have lost ITV and BBC programes here so any free things help.. like Filmon. Or Hola unblocker for to unblock the BBC & ITV iplayers..
when are you going to learn

those who are providing you with ripped off broadcasts designed for other markets/countries are making hay whilst the going is good. Yes they give you some free things, usually the easy things like ITV & BBC, but these are internationally wanted by far far more than a few expats in Spain - they actually (generally) provide relatively unbiased reporting, something other countries don't. But one day they will be closed or become legit and start making you pay for the adverts as well as everything else.
Sky doesn't do anything for free (AFAIK) and they still make a legit living, they do so well the ripoffs are taken from their live transmissions.

but if you buy a Rolex for a £5 in a pub you know its nicked, you know what you are doing is buying something that is stolen. If you should be picked up by the law you stand to get a prosecution for handling.
It is unlikely that the common man will be prosecuted by the legit broadcasters or by the programme makers but they are making it more and more difficult for them to operate by legally closing back doors.

what makes matters worse is you keep on providing advertising for these thieves
Old Oct 24th 2013, 12:51 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Originally Posted by Domino

those who are providing you with ripped off broadcasts designed for other markets/countries are making hay whilst the going is good. Yes they give you some free things, usually the easy things like ITV & BBC, but these are internationally wanted by far far more than a few expats in Spain - they actually (generally) provide relatively unbiased reporting, something other countries don't. But one day they will be closed or become legit and start making you pay for the adverts as well as everything else.
Sky doesn't do anything for free (AFAIK) and they still make a legit living, they do so well the ripoffs are taken from their live transmissions.

but if you buy a Rolex for a £5 in a pub you know its nicked, you know what you are doing is buying something that is stolen. If you should be picked up by the law you stand to get a prosecution for handling.
It is unlikely that the common man will be prosecuted by the legit broadcasters or by the programme makers but they are making it more and more difficult for them to operate by legally closing back doors.

Lets see what you do .,, when and if you lose UKTV ... I use IPTV to keep the other half happy for to watch her soaps..
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

So when it goes............what will you be doing?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:26 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Internet TV isnt going anywere yet..only Sky and freesat BBC and ITV will be took of in parts of Spain.. But if she cant watch her soaps , i will get her to move back to The UK.. Im not worried about UKTV she is ..
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:47 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You will just have to pay what ever to who ever has the legal rights to re broadcast BBC/ITV etc.
It will probably not be that cheap either.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Who has those rights in Spain though?

Could just read a book instead or go stand in a line somewhere.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:27 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Lets see what you do .,, when and if you lose UKTV ... I use IPTV to keep the other half happy for to watch her soaps..
Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I really am getting tired of repeating myself, but once again I will say that I lost UK Tv when I left the UK 2 years ago, the BH lost it 4 years ago when she came out here to work.

We watch Spanish TV off a TDT, there is enough there for us to fall asleep over in the evening, some good US series along with films - they have just finished a rerun of most of the James Bond series.
Neither of us have any desire to keep up with the rubbish parcelled as British Television, such as Corrie, BB and all the other stuff that uses alphagetti for for ident.

So when/if it goes I won't have a sense of loss, I won't have the craving that I have for mint chocolate and marzipan (both satisfied by Mercadona).
I learnt at 17 on my first trip to the Far East that it isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle to continually keep craving for the little things of home, you have to embrace the local ways, the food and the language.

I want to learn this funny old language called Spanish. I can read most of the items in Ideal which I buy every day, just that I cannot speak the words as how they are spelt isn't the same as the way they are said.
That is why I watch and listen to the news, weather and certain other programmes which is helping.

kind regards
D
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:41 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB80
Who has those rights in Spain though?
Most programmes from all programme makers / broadcasters are made available for other broadcasters in other countries to buy...
It is simply a matter of which broadcasters want to spend money on buying them, and will they see a benefit?

However, there are some UK TV programmes on Spanish TV: Examples include Doctor Who and Top Gear - mainly "general entertainment" programmes rather than "soaps".

It is a issue of can the Spanish broadcasters justify spending money on the UK soaps, when they have their own Spanish soaps for the Spanish market...

You can always get a subscription to BBC Entertainment, the BBCs "expat tv service", run by BBC Worldwide, who are also responsible for the distribution of BBC programmes to other countries...

No company in Spain has the contractual right to retransmit BBC or ITV. But it is possible. In Belgium, BBC channels are available via cable services as part of a contractual deal...so it is possible, should the money be available to buy those rights...

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 24th 2013 at 2:44 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Exactly, In Belgium we had all the BBCs although they split it up throughout the packages so you had to get one of the premium ones to combine them.
I'd gladly pay similar for canal+ if they did the same.

Will it ever happen though?
Maybe, I think they're missing a trick there personally and especially if the satellite signal is lost.

But I guess that's the point though, until that happens and if the signal is lost the only means of viewing these channels are via various streams on the net.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:59 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

I really am getting tired of repeating myself, but once again I will say that I lost UK Tv when I left the UK 2 years ago, the BH lost it 4 years ago when she came out here to work.

We watch Spanish TV off a TDT, there is enough there for us to fall asleep over in the evening, some good US series along with films - they have just finished a rerun of most of the James Bond series.
Neither of us have any desire to keep up with the rubbish parcelled as British Television, such as Corrie, BB and all the other stuff that uses alphagetti for for ident.

So when/if it goes I won't have a sense of loss, I won't have the craving that I have for mint chocolate and marzipan (both satisfied by Mercadona).
I learnt at 17 on my first trip to the Far East that it isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle to continually keep craving for the little things of home, you have to embrace the local ways, the food and the language.

I want to learn this funny old language called Spanish. I can read most of the items in Ideal which I buy every day, just that I cannot speak the words as how they are spelt isn't the same as the way they are said.
That is why I watch and listen to the news, weather and certain other programmes which is helping.

kind regards
D
Then why are you on a thread called ... Advice please re UK tv in Spain ...
Talking about Spanish TV.. and seeing you hate UKTV so much..
Old Oct 24th 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by The Guy
Most programmes from all programme makers / broadcasters are made available for other broadcasters in other countries to buy...
It is simply a matter of which broadcasters want to spend money on buying them, and will they see a benefit?

However, there are some UK TV programmes on Spanish TV: Examples include Doctor Who and Top Gear - mainly "general entertainment" programmes rather than "soaps".

It is a issue of can the Spanish broadcasters justify spending money on the UK soaps, when they have their own Spanish soaps for the Spanish market...

You can always get a subscription to BBC Entertainment, the BBCs "expat tv service", run by BBC Worldwide, who are also responsible for the distribution of BBC programmes to other countries...

No company in Spain has the contractual right to retransmit BBC or ITV. But it is possible. In Belgium, BBC channels are available via cable services as part of a contractual deal...so it is possible, should the money be available to buy those rights...
if it costs money then many will take the attitude that they have already paid and should get it free - hence the reason why they insist on telling everyone how clever they are in getting if from people who steal off air and rebroadcast.

`

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.