Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice please re Tax return

Advice please re Tax return

Old May 9th 2013, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Blod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please re Tax return

Having been resident in Spain since June 2012 and wanting to keep within the law, we became "fiscal resident" and are now obliged to submit a tax return. I have the majority of the necessary paper work, however am having difficulty in getting my P60.

I have been touch with the local authority, who's responsible for producing this and been told

" we are legally obliged to produce them by the 19th May and therefore they won't be sent out for a further two weeks". I enquired as to whether they could send ours out as I was requesting them, to be told "no we only batch print, we have thousands of employee's and pensioners so are unable to produce individual ones"

I'm concerned as time is moving on and have been told I could receive a fine for late submission.

Has any one had this problem before? and if so how did you manage to get around it?

many thanks
Old May 9th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Advice please re Tax return

Returns are not due until 30 Jun 13? I receive my P60 (from MOD) mid May, never been a problem in the past?

Last edited by cymruambyth; May 9th 2013 at 2:31 pm.
Old May 9th 2013, 2:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Been completing the Spanish tax form for 5 years and there has never been a problem as the P60 has always arrived before the tax form needs to go in.

Rosemary
Old May 9th 2013, 3:59 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The P60 is purely for your information. You do not have to submit it to the taxman with your return.

If you are using a gestor then he may ask for it as it is a convenient piece of information but all he needs to know is your income for the year with no backup paperwork at all.
Old May 9th 2013, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

....and presumably, you have, in any case at least one payslip. Assuming its a pension, most companies these days send a payslip if the amount changes, and then no more thereafter
Old May 9th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have done my Spanish tax declaracion today - you do not have to produce any papers - I told my gestor my income etc agreed the allowances - he put it into the system and an amount of tax due was calculated which I agreed to pay. So just be prepared with all of your figures and that's it. When you are established in the system getting your 'borrador' is a useful document to have to refer to. Obtainable from the AEAT site.
Old May 9th 2013, 8:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A borrador is fine if you earn your income in Spain in Euros and it doesn't change much.

It is useless for an expat as their income changes every year due to exchange rate movements.
Old May 10th 2013, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree it will not show non Spanish income but for Expats with Spanish based investments and properties then it is very useful.
Old May 10th 2013, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Blod is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your help. I've contacted my pension provider (LA) and they have agreed to forward me the necessary figures asap.