Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

advice please re car purchase and insurance

advice please re car purchase and insurance

Old Aug 1st 2018, 11:00 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please re car purchase and insurance

When I first moved to Spain, I got NCD from Linea Directa. However that was when they were owned by Direct Line and it may be different now?
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:34 am
Just Joined

gemscot is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks - thought clocking cars was a thing of the past but appreciate Spain works quite differently than UK for sure - so given low depreciation I guess probably best to buy new or nearly new
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 9:34 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is no different to the UK.

Go to a reputable dealer and you will get a guarantee and should have no issues. Go to one of the many shady dealers and you may buy a lemon. Buy private and "buyer beware". It may be just be me(?), but it seems none of the local shady back street dealers are operated by Spaniards, the majority are run by Brits.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 10:19 am
Just Joined

gemscot is an unknown quantity at this point

haha can picture it now - lots of Arthur Daleys - well kind of siding with spending a bit more given my lack of experience on Spain
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 10:44 am
Banned

Johncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond repute

It’s all a bit like that ‘’Fake Briton’’ programme on the BBC. They go on ebay or whatever and buy it at half price, then moan a bucket full when it’s a fake and does not work.