Reload this Page >

Advice on moving to Northern Costa Blanca please

Advice on moving to Northern Costa Blanca please

Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

brightonchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on moving to Northern Costa Blanca please

Hi
I am thinking of moving to Nothern Costa Blanca.
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best places to live ( I am looking at villas in Calpe,Altea etc).
Also i have heard lots of scare stories about crime and that property prices are about to crash.....any thoughts/comments please??
Many thanks
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving to Northern Costa Blanca please

Originally Posted by brightonchris
Hi
I am thinking of moving to Nothern Costa Blanca.
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best places to live ( I am looking at villas in Calpe,Altea etc).
Also i have heard lots of scare stories about crime and that property prices are about to crash.....any thoughts/comments please??
Many thanks
I would be very wary of the Calpe area. Last year a Brit killed his girlfriend and chopped her up into little bits .... another true story.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I would be very wary of the Calpe area. Last year a Brit killed his girlfriend and chopped her up into little bits .... another true story.
The way I look at it is, thats one nutter you dont have to worry about now.
You can find stories like that and worse all over the world.
The only way to tell is stay awhile and see if it suits you if not go elswhere, thankfully everybody has different ideas, or you would all be living at mine
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

I Heard a real bad story about a low down scum dog which broke into another dogs kennel at night while the owners were asleep,however although it was a dog kennel it was also home to 2 snakes which killed the dog instantly!. :scared:
There is crime everywhere in the world!- just make it as hard for them to ply thier trade,out of away places can be bad but there are just as vunerable as estates if you make it easy for them,do your research of the area you are thinking of buying into ask questions look in the papers,ask the neiboours of ex-pats in the local ex-pats bars,research,research,research,research!!!

paris
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We looked in Altea and Calpe, but its very pricey. We eventually ended up in Oliva. Its a bit more Spanish and very pleasant. Shipping out on Friday . Prices were a bit more reasonable there.

Also in Altea they are building on every square inch of land they can find and spoiling it. My experience of Calpe is that i closes down out of season, it always seems very quiet there when I've gone there in April / late September.

But around Oliva you have Barx, La Drove, Gandia, Oliva Nova (if you like Golf) Pego, Piles and any number of little towns.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:46 am
Just Joined

brightonchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We looked in Altea and Calpe, but its very pricey. We eventually ended up in Oliva. Its a bit more Spanish and very pleasant. Shipping out on Friday . Prices were a bit more reasonable there.

Also in Altea they are building on every square inch of land they can find and spoiling it. My experience of Calpe is that i closes down out of season, it always seems very quiet there when I've gone there in April / late September.

But around Oliva you have Barx, La Drove, Gandia, Oliva Nova (if you like Golf) Pego, Piles and any number of little towns.
thanks for the advice, will have a look at the area when we visit in novemeber
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brightonchris
thanks for the advice, will have a look at the area when we visit in novemeber
Tsk! Don't dis Altea! The old town is great and prices up and down the Costa are catching up with Altea, rapidly. I've a little apartment there and it's a great place to be. Views to die for, good restaurants and a great atmosphere. On the downside, lots of steps to walk up if on foot, and tricky parking if in a car - but there's a free car park about half way up. On the good side, we're selling our garage, but as we're selling it to be possibly converted into a studio apartment with the same fabulous views, it's rather an expensive option to park a little car in!

I don't much like Calpe, a bit too much of the fish 'n' chips and kiss me quick-me-quick hats for my liking. Oliva is good, if you want to go the bit in land option.