Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice for long term car storage in Spain

Advice for long term car storage in Spain

Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all
Default Advice for long term car storage in Spain

Hi

I require long term storage for my car in Spain for up to 8 months of the year someone within an hours drive of Madrid or Barcelona if not then other areas.

Have anyone any suggestions?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice for long term car storage in Spain

What about renting a garage space somewhere? People with apartments and no cars are always renting out their spaces......may be cheaper than long-term airport parking?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Emma-Louise
What about renting a garage space somewhere? People with apartments and no cars are always renting out their spaces......may be cheaper than long-term airport parking?
Hi Emma-Louise, Yes true airport parking would be expensive, but I am bringing the car over from Tenerife & will be departing from Madrid. Would need to find someone with car space/garage how do you suggest I find one?. It does not have to be Madrid but would be handy in that surrounding area. Elsewhere I could get public transport or hire car to get me to Madrid airport.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all

Yes, If you are always using the same airport, then you just need somewhere on route, maybe on a bus line or a train line.....

What I would do is;
Scout out the area, choose where would suit you best then start looking around..... the local papers would have adverts or there would be for rent signs for the parking spaces....

You would probably get one for around 40 euros a month....
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Emma-Louise
Yes, If you are always using the same airport, then you just need somewhere on route, maybe on a bus line or a train line.....

What I would do is;
Scout out the area, choose where would suit you best then start looking around..... the local papers would have adverts or there would be for rent signs for the parking spaces....

You would probably get one for around 40 euros a month....
Thank you I appreciate the advice
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aucklander
Hi

I require long term storage for my car in Spain for up to 8 months of the year someone within an hours drive of Madrid or Barcelona if not then other areas.

Have anyone any suggestions?
Whilst I realise Malaga is a bl**dy long way from both Madrid and Barcelona I do know there are many parking companies who offer 12 month deals at resonable rates there ,if you spend you time in Spain as a tourist you could have a pleasant drive to where ever you need to go

http://www.parkingcostagolf.com/tarifas-servicios.html ( I use this company ,recommended )

http://www.brunosparking.com/

http://www.parkingcarsur.com/prices.html
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:47 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rotor

You missed out that you can fly malaga to Madrid - therefore parking in Malaga could work out reasonable

Davexf