Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Originally Posted by jdr
But then it is not very helpful for someone else that has just googled the same question to find that it has been passed as a private message.
The idea of a forum is to share information, isn`t it ?

PM me and I will let you know the answer
OK, lets not spoil the OPs thread though eh?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK, lets not spoil the OPs thread though eh?
I don`t think I am, surely it`s better for the answer to the question to be put on the thread, or has forum etiquette changed now ?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

boobearreynolds is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your help everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on different little villages about 10 min from the coast or just on the coast we are visiting early july, it is a bit worrying with so many properties to choose from we dont want to end up in an area that is iike a ghosttown, any help on naming any nice places where we could start looking i have heard balsicas is nice and sucina also, we will also be venturing down to the costa del sol later in the year before we decide, so any help on that area we would be grateful, once again thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to help
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boobearreynolds
Thank you for all your help everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on different little villages about 10 min from the coast or just on the coast we are visiting early july, it is a bit worrying with so many properties to choose from we dont want to end up in an area that is iike a ghosttown, any help on naming any nice places where we could start looking i have heard balsicas is nice and sucina also, we will also be venturing down to the costa del sol later in the year before we decide, so any help on that area we would be grateful, once again thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to help
Got no Idea on those areas, but if it is like around here you really need to be careful in your choice.
Loads of places have been built but only a few sold, so like you say you could end up in a ghost town.
Also it may be quiet and nice in the winter and then turn into Butlins during the summer, when all the renters turn up for their holidays.
You need to stay in the area all year before you decide anything as estate agents and owners will tell you anything to get a sale at the mo.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

Balsicas and Sucina are a lot more than 10 mins from the coast, more like 20 -25 mins. I wouldn't recommend either, but you need to visit yourself and make your own mind up. We rented for 12 months near to Balsicas, it wasn't for us. Definitely you need to rent first. If you don't speak Spanish it's best to be in an area where there are lots of English, it's different living here than having a holiday home.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:49 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you come to Torrevieja, all your dreams will be fulfilled. There are four top-class golf courses within a ten minute drive, if you want to drive farther, you can reach at least six others within an hour, in fact the big one at Bonalba in Alicante is about that time away.

Going south is not as good. Murcia has many golf complexes planned, but I doubt if they'll ever be built.