Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on cost of living

Advice on cost of living

Old Feb 18th 2019, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bfg69bug is a jewel in the roughbfg69bug is a jewel in the roughbfg69bug is a jewel in the roughbfg69bug is a jewel in the roughbfg69bug is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Advice on cost of living

Originally Posted by cunninghamc1 View Post
Hi,
My husband retires in July 2019 as he will be 65. We are cash buyers and would like to purchase a 2 bedroom townhouse in Villamartin near Alicante for approximately £80,000. I am not at retirement age yet I am 52. If and when we move to Spain I will be giving up a full time job so we will have a monthly income of 1,373.64 euros each month from my husband's pension. Will this be enough to live on and pay utility bills. We are social drinkers on a weekend and I am the only one who smokes which is tobacco.
I look forward to hearing from anyone to give me a rough idea.

Thanks
Caron
​​​​
Many people survive on alot less. Some of the people working for me only have their income - which is less than his pension - and they have a car, 2 kids and the wife to support. Yes, of course it can be done.